Using a GC and onboard credit for purchase?

cruisindreamer

Before I call and sit on hold forever, does anyone know if you can use the reminder of a gift card and then some onboard credit to purchase an excursion?  The website is only letting me use one or the other, but I didn’t know if I called in, maybe they could do it? 

thanks in advance 

No. You can only use on board credit, via your Sail & Sign card to make purchases. What you CAN do however, is to apply you remaining balance on your gift card TO  your S&S account. We always wait until we get onboard to apply our gift cards.  

16 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

No. You can only use on board credit, via your Sail & Sign card to make purchases. What you CAN do however, is to apply you remaining balance on your gift card TO  your S&S account. We always wait until we get onboard to apply our gift cards.  

It’s allowing me to use the onboard credit to pay for the excursions online, just not pay part with that and part with a GC. 

30 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

You can use OBC presailing now for purchases

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Also, I will never wait until on board to apply to my sign and sail.  I spend all GC before boarding.  I know this isn’t normal, but I had a GC with $244 that they refused to put on my acct once on board.  I fought for months afterward trying to get my money back after they admitted multiple times that it was their fault, and never did. I won’t ever try that again.  

17 hours ago, cruisindreamer said:

Before I call and sit on hold forever, does anyone know if you can use the reminder of a gift card and then some onboard credit to purchase an excursion?  The website is only letting me use one or the other, but I didn’t know if I called in, maybe they could do it? 

thanks in advance 

I haven't done it, but you should be able to.  Try entering the gift card as payment first and then see if it lets you use the OBC for the remainder.  If not, I would call.