Hurtigruten coastal trip reviews

endlessflight

I have been reading many horrific and negative reviews on tripadviser about the coastal trips, all written recently. We have just been switched from the Kong Harold to the Trollfjord sailing on Feb 4, 2023. One review on this ship was particularly discouraging. They also ended up saying that most passengers caught covid by the end of 12 days…ship is due for refit…assuming the ventilation will not be up to par. I’m feeling so discouraged about a trip we have been so looking forward to. Has anyone been on this ship recently that has something positive to say? Also…what is the difference between the two dogsledding trips?

• 1 month later...

Having travelled on both Ships I would have no concerns re Trollfjord (I travelled on her late October).

She is a bigger ship than Kong Harold with more passengers - but more modern and there is more space in public areas per passenger. (Length TF: 136 metres; KH 122 metres Berths: TF 576; KH 498)

TF is due for a refit and there are a (very) few places where this is visible but remember this is a public transport vessel subject to Norwegian Laws/Regulations and Norway is one of the richest world countries with the best Health Systems. I find the thought that a Norwegian flagged vessel working in Norwegian waters could have ventilation not up to par unrealistic. I think it's more likely to be better than the vast majority of cruise ships flagged in "convenience" countries throughout the world.

I hope this is reassuring - happy to answer any questions.

Fair Winds & Weather

• 1 month later...