Solo Cruisers and Platinum+ Dining Vouchers

VonChap

Looking for current news and info.  A few months ago there was some chatter that the Platinum specialty dining vouchers were going to change for solo cruisers.  Vouchers would not be for 2 but only for the solo cruiser.  

I'm Saphire, but planning my first solo studio cruise, in a group of friends.

Any Platinum and above solo cruisers have current feedback on the dining vouchers? 

Thanks! 

Can I assume you've seen the Latitudes website - https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#tier_benefits

and this footnote regarding the dining Bolding done by me?

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

• Like 1

Just got back from the Jewel yesterday as a solo Platinum traveller. I had no problem using my dinner-for-two vouchers for myself and a passenger from another cabin in Cagney's and Moderno. 

I also had the drink package, so I requested my free bottle of wine 'to go', and then drank wine by the glass with my meal and took the bottle back to my cabin and eventually home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was on the 12 day Prima TA, ending on 10/5/22 and used my voucher for Dinner for 2 as a solo cruiser. The person I treated (also solo) returned the favor...we ate in Le Bistro, Cagney's, Hasuki and Onda.  The voucher does not match the T&Cs printed above at this time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hallux said:

Can I assume you've seen the Latitudes website - https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#tier_benefits

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

Does that mean two dinners (for one), which means in reality four dinners per solo traveller, or does it also mean one dinner (for two)?

I’ve not been following this very closely, but I think that the wording has always been something like this.

Previously it was always just typical bad NCL wording, and what they meant was that a solo latitudes can’t claim two separate meals for one, rather than they can’t take someone else with them to make one meal for two.

Perhaps their meaning has changed, but I would assume not until it is confirmed onboard. Maybe it has already been confirmed one way or the other, as I say I haven’t been following closely.

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I’ve not been following this very closely, but I think that the wording has always been something like this.

Previously it was always just typical bad NCL wording, and what they meant was that a solo latitudes can’t claim two separate meals for one, rather than they can’t take someone else with them to make one meal for two.

That's my take on it. Just on notice for solos trying to get 4 separate meals for 1 instead of 2 meals for 2. Same old coupons on Spirit in Sept.

13 hours ago, hallux said:

I was actually wondering if I can take a friend.  If you scroll through the posts answering my question, recent cruisers were still able to take a friend.  As has been the case for years.  

I was not asking about turning the vouchers into 4 dinners for myself....just wondering if the "bring a friend courtesy" is still the case.  

(Oh....I have seen the l website too.) 

12 hours ago, Lono Akeakamai said:

Just got back from the Jewel yesterday as a solo Platinum traveller. I had no problem using my dinner-for-two vouchers for myself and a passenger from another cabin in Cagney's and Moderno. 

I also had the drink package, so I requested my free bottle of wine 'to go', and then drank wine by the glass with my meal and took the bottle back to my cabin and eventually home.

Thank you for your response.  Exactly the info I was searching for. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Was on the 12 day Prima TA, ending on 10/5/22 and used my voucher for Dinner for 2 as a solo cruiser. The person I treated (also solo) returned the favor...we ate in Le Bistro, Cagney's, Hasuki and Onda.  The voucher does not match the T&Cs printed above at this time.

Thank you for the recent news.  Glad to hear that you can still bring a friend.  Cheers! 

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Perhaps their meaning has changed, but I would assume not until it is confirmed onboard. Maybe it has already been confirmed one way or the other, as I say I haven’t been following closely.

Actually, I was asking if a solo cruiser can still take a friend with the voucher.  There has been recent chatter that the courtesy was going away.  From posts on this thread, you can still bring a friend to dinner.  Cheers! 

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

That's my take on it. Just on notice for solos trying to get 4 separate meals for 1 instead of 2 meals for 2. Same old coupons on Spirit in Sept.

Glad to hear the vouchers were the same in September.  I was actually wondering if there was still a courtesy to take a friend with the voucher when sailing solo.   (Not to try to get 4 separate nights for myself)  thanks for the info. 

6 hours ago, VonChap said:

Actually, I was asking if a solo cruiser can still take a friend with the voucher.  There has been recent chatter that the courtesy was going away.  From posts on this thread, you can still bring a friend to dinner.  Cheers! 

Yeah, I assumed that was what you meant, and I agree it seems like you still can.