Organizing our Magnet Exchange After the M&G - HELP!

Lauren Spray

I am supposed to lead it after the M&G on our upcoming cruise.

I have no clue how to organize this!  The suggestion was to bring 5 magnets per couple participating in the exchange.

Your suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks a lot, fellow cruisers.  You are the best!

Lauri

Yikes, that's a lot of magnets... but here's how we do something similar for a charm exchange at our Red Hatter luncheons or whatever:

1.  Bring one charm per person signed up.  (we tell people the number about a week before)

2.  Everyone brings a bag labelled with their name.  (Have a few pretty gift bags on hand for those who forget.)  

3.  Place the bags in a circle on a table.

4.  Everyone walks around the table & drops one charm in each bag.

If you want to limit the number of items that someone has to bring, you can cap each exchange group at some preset number -- we sometimes cap our charm exchange at ten.  If we have thirty people sign up, it get broken up into three tables of ten bags.  That way, no one has to bring more than ten charms.   

Edited by trivimp

This is how we did this.

Everyone brings ONE magnet. Everyone puts magnet in the same bag. Everyone who puts a magnet in the bag gets to pull one out, if its the magnet you brought, switch it. If the last person to pick gets their own , then switch with whoever picked first.

1 hour ago, stefmaia said:

This is how we did this.

Everyone brings ONE magnet. Everyone puts magnet in the same bag. Everyone who puts a magnet in the bag gets to pull one out, if its the magnet you brought, switch it. If the last person to pick gets their own , then switch with whoever picked first.

I have organized it very similar to this (with only one magnet per person) - except I asked for the magnet to be wrapped, so that they all "feel the same". I then put them all in a pillowcase I got from the cabin steward, and then one random person (who are participating of course) pulls out one magnet, then the person who gave that magnet is the next one to pull out a magnet, and that just continues until the bag is empty. 

Edited by TrumpyNor

Thanks for the good suggestions Trivimp, Stefmaia, TrumpyNor and for taking the time to respond. 

You are funny Motown Voice.

I have a better idea what to do now.

Our cruise leaves in 3 weeks after 2 years of cancellations for our itinerary.  Yay!

Lauri

• Like 1