Experience w/ Uber in Valparaiso/Santiago d.C.

Leandros

Curious about this too.  When we were in Santiago the taxi driver from airport to our B&B did not speak English nor did the driver who picked us up after dinner one evening.  The B&B sent us directions in Spanish which we printed out to give the airport taxi.  The B&B called the taxi for us to go to dinner and the restaurant called the taxi to take us back.  Uber drivers are usually locals using their own cars.  I wonder if they speak English.

I suppose they do not.

We have used Uber in countries where we do not speak the local language e.g Poland. Entering just the locations worked fine for uns.

We recently used GRAB (similar to Uber)  in Bangkok and it also worked perfectly for us, never got lost 🙂

I have just checked the availability and might give it try after out Jan Infinity cruise. The actual price is approx. 60USD and availability looks good. Would just be keen to get some live experiences with UBER.IMG_0307.thumb.jpeg.731be093dd0b049bbe46a81ca341cc96.jpeg

Edited by Leandros

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I made it with Uber.

We just disembarked the Infinity on Jan 2.

Uber will not operate directly form the terminal, so we had to take the free shuttle form the Terminal in Valparaiso, which dropped us off close to a railway station.

From here we easily called Uber, waited 10 mins and drove for 70 USD to Santiago Airport.

Car and driver were very good and drive was safe and cautious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, Leandros said:

Ok, I made it with Uber.

We just disembarked the Infinity on Jan 2.

Uber will not operate directly form the terminal, so we had to take the free shuttle form the Terminal in Valparaiso, which dropped us off close to a railway station.

From here we easily called Uber, waited 10 mins and drove for 70 USD to Santiago Airport.

Car and driver were very good and drive was safe and cautious.

I will be staying in a Valparaiso hotel before boarding Eclipse next Sunday.

can anyone tell me from recent Experience if it is possible to get an UBER from my hotel to the Valparaiso Passenger Terminal.?

thank you to anyone who has recent experience.

Edited by D. B.
added content.