what is a great repositioning cruise?

musicmansmom

If you're looking for a long trip - Holland America has 20-day Panama Canal - Sept 30, 2007, Seattle to New York.

Seattle, 2 sea days - LA, 1 sea day, Cabo San Lucas, 1 sea day, Acapulco, Huatulco, El Quetzal, 1 sea day, Puntarenas, Golfo Dulce, Panama Canal, 1 sea day, Aruba, 1 sea day, Half Moon Cay, 2 sea days, New York.

We are looking at this for next year - we usually book TransAtalantic - this year - Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale, 16 days.

atb, sounds perfect. is that during hurricane season? i am doing all i can to avoid that. but i will go to hal's site and check it out. thanks alot :)

Not all of HAL's 2007 cruises are listed under the main section of their web site. You might have to go to the "Brochure" section.

thanks for the tip. i will check it out. i am a loyal carnival cruiser but i am ready to branch out and try another line. it will depend on the itinerary, price and time of year who i choose. im getting some great help here for all of that :)

We did a repo on the Sun Princess as she returned from AK to FLL. It was 15 Days in Sep this past year, from San Francisco through the Panama canal and then up to FLL. We didn't have issues with the hurricanes in Sep so as far as sailing was concerned; we were fine. Fairly far south in the Caribbean to get to or out of the Canal. Many people on board were from England and Canada and some of them also added the two days from Vancouver to San Francisco for a 17 day cruise.

It was a very nice and enjoyable cruise. We really liked it. It was sea days mixed with port calls so not too hectic. For us it was "better" to fly west and board, then have a shorter flight home from FLL. If you live on the east coast or midwest, and get off on the west coast, the flights home are longer and could be overnight.. not what we wanted to do to end a cruise!

Going through the Panama Canal was great! Yes the crowd was a bit older than 3,4, or 7 day cruises in the Caribbean but that didn't mean it wasn't fun! We had a small but loyal CC roll call and most sea days we met for lunch. Later some of us got together and did shore excursions together. The added time give you a chance to meet and socialize with more people. We took our turn doing our posts in the "live from the Sun" thread that is still active on the Princess thread!

thanks for the great post. it sounds like a great cruise. i really need to be on the ship longer than 7 days this next time to be pampered longer and just relax and watch the world go by. i am going to have a hard time choosing from all these great repo's im finding out about :) . it is going to be worth saving like crazy for this cruise :D

Our first cruise as a couple and our BEST so far was HAL........

boarded in Seattle, sailed north to Vancouver then south to LA......on to the Mexican Riviera, Costa Rica, Guatemala, through the Panama Canal and all over the Caribbean.

I think it was 23 nights and it was fantastic and wonderful and we would do it again in a heartbeat. We were never bored, the days flew by and even the food never got boring.............it hooked us on cruising.

Personally, getting ready for a cruise is a lot of work and I'd never go on a 7 night one because it's really only 6 days...........we love everything about a nice, long one.

This one is never "out to sea" so there were NO rough days or nights......

Enjoy whatever you choose.

It's a great life!:)

We had a transatlantic in Nov 2004 on Brilliance of the Seas and enjoyed it very much. We are booked for a Jewel of the Seas transatlantic at the end of April and are looking forward to it very much.

wow, i never imagined i would get so many great replies when i posted my ?. there are so many great choices out there thanks to all of you. it will be hard for me to decide but now i have great repo's to look at and see what fits my best.

thank you all so much for the great info :D .

music

Archived