Back to back voyages with different testing requirements?

DanielleFaye

I have booked two back to back itineraries on the QM2 M239 departing Dec 10th

and a crossing M240 departing Dec 15th.  We're in the same class, same stateroom, but the two weren't able to be booked as one voyage.

The first does not require supervised covid testing, the second does and the testing should be done within 2 days of departing.

We were actually hoping to just stay on the ship in Southampton that day and relax and enjoy the novelty.  But now I'm a bit concerned.  Can I test onboard?  Will they want us to disembark and find a testing location?  We were planning to just test on the 9th would that just be fine?  Maybe I'm overthinking things again. 

we are doing a similar journey in November with the same issue Cunard has told us that we will be tested on board (for a fee) two days before the stop in Southampton.

But why not get off and see the area?  Salisbury and Portsmouth are just a short distance away

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kinshasa said:

we are doing a similar journey in November with the same issue Cunard has told us that we will be tested on board (for a fee) two days before the stop in Southampton.

But why not get off and see the area?  Salisbury and Portsmouth are just a short distance away

Do you know how much the fee is?

My husband likes being on the boat and thought it might be nice to stay and avoid any stress of disembarkation and embarkation again.   Especially since we have the same stateroom.

36 minutes ago, DanielleFaye said:

I have booked two back to back itineraries on the QM2 M239 departing Dec 10th

and a crossing M240 departing Dec 15th.  We're in the same class, same stateroom, but the two weren't able to be booked as one voyage.

The first does not require supervised covid testing, the second does and the testing should be done within 2 days of departing.

We were actually hoping to just stay on the ship in Southampton that day and relax and enjoy the novelty.  But now I'm a bit concerned.  Can I test onboard?  Will they want us to disembark and find a testing location?  We were planning to just test on the 9th would that just be fine?  Maybe I'm overthinking things again. 

We just asked our Agent, as we are in a similar situation. You can schedule on board tests for $35. Ask at the Purser’s during the first leg of the journey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kinshasa said:

And Southampton is well worth visiting. And no worries about missing the ship. I wouldn’t risk either of the others unless on a ship’s tour.

13 hours ago, DanielleFaye said:

Do you know how much the fee is?

My husband likes being on the boat and thought it might be nice to stay and avoid any stress of disembarkation and embarkation again.   Especially since we have the same stateroom.

And the ship is so lovely when it is almost empty.

• Like 1

I am also on M239 and M240. This was my post in a separate thread in regard to what Cunard told me.

We also have no intention of leaving the ship on the turnaround day. I am looking forward to watching the process from a different perspective than being a part of the boarding group.

And, yes, Southampton is worth a visit, which is why we’re spending a day or so there prior to the December 10 voyage.

Edited by ExArkie
  • Like 3