Hilo Port

JerseyShore

We just returned from the Princess R/T from Los Angeles.  They have free transfer bus to "downtown."  Great and crowded market.  We enjoyed the Tsunami Museum along the main street.  Senior admission was $7, regular was "probably" $8. We just walked along the main drag, visited the market, and then the museum.  The bus also stops at the airport, so it took about 25 minutes to return to the ship.  We didn't notice much to see adjacent to the dock, as Scott mentioned.

13 hours ago, Jeff in Torrance said:

We just returned from the Princess R/T from Los Angeles.  They have free transfer bus to "downtown."  Great and crowded market.  We enjoyed the Tsunami Museum along the main street.  Senior admission was $7, regular was "probably" $8. We just walked along the main drag, visited the market, and then the museum.  The bus also stops at the airport, so it took about 25 minutes to return to the ship.  We didn't notice much to see adjacent to the dock, as Scott mentioned.

just to clarify, the free transport bus stops at the Hilo airport? We need to pick up our rental car there. 

On 10/26/2022 at 7:21 AM, sunquest76 said:

just to clarify, the free transport bus stops at the Hilo airport? We need to pick up our rental car there. 

The free bus to the downtown Farmer's Market had a long wait during our port stop. I don't recall it going to the airport, but maybe I wasn't paying attention. If I had a car at the airport I'd just get a cab to the airport. The "free bus" could take more than an hour to get there (if it goes there).

• Thanks 1