Public Beach...with five ships in port.

Nashna

We are sailing into GCM on January 25th with four other large ships arriving as well.  The Edge is offering the Coral Beach excursion for $70.00 per person.  We are concerned that with 14876 people in port and very few beach club/resort for the day options, that perhaps we should just buy the excursion.  Public Beach looks more appealing to us, but I'm afraid we might not be able to secure a spot on the beach with a chair and umbrella.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  We have the benefit of being the first cruise to arrive as we are docking at 7:00am.  If we decide to wing it, we will plan to be off the ship by 8:30 and head right to Public Beach.  Suggestions are very welcome.

We were just there last week with only 2 ships in and we were first ship to arrive.  We left very early and we’re able to get chairs and umbrella at Public beach in front row of water but it filled up fast. It was very crowded but not enough to be annoying. If you get there early you will be fine then can be on your own schedule. There was a food truck in the parking lot and it was the best fried snapper sandwich I’ve ever eaten. We also took the public bus which was very easy and a little cheaper. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the information.  We have spent quite a bit of time in the Caymans, so we are only interested in the beach.  I think we will get up early and try to beat the crowds to Public Beach.  

• Like 1