On-line check-in question

sbaker

3 hours ago, mikefromny said:

Thanks for the great responses to my questions. I guess I'm going to sleep very late that night.

Another question, if I'm going with my wife do we both need to check in individually to get the same time or can I check in and we're both given the same time since we're in the same cabin?

Thanks!

I tried to check in for my cruise right at midnight (ET) and there was something going on with the IT dept. and I couldn't do it online or via the app. I continued trying until 2:55am (ET) and gave up. Tried again at 10:30am (ET) and it still didn't work. I forgot about it until the end of the day, and I checked in around 10pm (ET) and still got an 11am boarding position. 

My ability to get an early boarding time that late on check-in day may be due to others also having the same IT issue with check-in, or it could be that for a Thanksgiving cruise, there aren't as many frequent cruisers and so they don't know all the tips about checking in early. Or, they may not want to board early because they're traveling with a lot of children.

I'd suggest staying up late to check in if you really want the early boarding time, but I wouldn't stress about it if you don't mind  boarding a little later.

I wanted the early boarding time so I can make dining and show reservations. A lot of people are starting to be able to book shows again online though so the necessity for early boarding might go away.

And as for the dining times, there was really only one restaurant that I was worried we wouldn't get to visit (the Hibachi), so I just paid for it out of pocket in order to secure our day and time. If I could book my shows before boarding then I wouldn't care about boarding early anymore (my cruise isn't eligible).