ALMOST live. Sapphire Princess. 10 day Mexican Riviera. Oct 23rd

fellswoop

41 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I have talked with more officers on the Officer board already than I ever have on any of my 200 plus  days with Princess.  And I don’t mean a fleeting head nod and how are. I mean a genuine conversation.

This was our experience too on the Hawaii cruise, a little before your cruise. Senior staff was more visible than I've ever seen.

At least 10 of our 15 nights I had extended conversations with two very senior officers. I won't say where, because it was a social setting and supposed to be down time for them, but they were very gracious with their time.

The day we boarded I went to the Intro to Medallion presentation. There was a young staff member helping a couple get signed in. I was having issues too and he started to help me, but excused himself to start the presentation. He came back to me directly after the presentation to try and help me and spent at least five minutes with me before deciding I should go to the Ocean Medallion Help Desk.

Only later did I figure out that it was Cruise Director Fernando who was helping me. The idea that the Cruise Director, on one of his busiest days, Embarkation Day, would spend the amount of time he did with me I find amazing. He could have easily, and even appropriately, sent me immediately to the Help Desk, but he didn't. That says loads about the staff Captain Ravera leads.

The Sapphire will never be my favorite Princess ship physically, that is the Coral Princess, but I would sail on, even choose, Sapphire again in a heartbeat because of the staff & crew.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We have a new captain that just boarded with us. He has special certifications for sailing around Cape Horn. 

If there's any way you could find out if Captain McBain will still be onboard for the Antarctica itinerary in December, I would very much appreciate that advance knowledge, please and thank you!