Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse - Mardi Gras

NanoGirl21

56 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

We are considering dining at Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse for dinner. Anyone have any reviews and/or photos of the items on the dinner menu? Particularly interested in Char-Broiled Flat Iron and the Pork Chop options.

20221024-132501.jpg

20221024-132442.jpg

20221024-132423.jpg

20221024-132404.jpg

20221024-132346.jpg

⬇️(( Pig & Anchor BBQ Lunch Menu))⬇️

20221024-132319.jpg

• Like 1

We found the brisket at dinner to be a bit on the dry side.  Sides were relatively small and not all that tasty.  As you can see from the pictures, you basically check off what you want on the strip of paper and hand it to the waiter.  But it worked for us as an alternative to Chibang when we couldn't get in there until after 7:30P

In our experience last October, lunch was good, served buffet-style as on other ships and always complimentary.  

Dinner, while also complimentary and with no reservation required, was a different story.  Despite our completed check-sheets, several of us had mis-plated items.  My friend John's babyback ribs were so burnt that you couldn't put a fork into them, and when we notified the chap at the podium, he took photos of the ribs to shame the chef.   

We didn't darken that threshold the rest of the cruise...for dinner, anyway.  We DID return for lunch. 

I'll also add that, with bands performing on the stage there, it CAN be kinda loud.  We opted to sit on the other side of the room in the Heroes Lounge, and that may have affected our service.  Hope your experience is better than ours was!   

That appetizer menu shown above is not available on Mardi Gras - or at least it wasn't in December, March or May.  We like Pig & Anchor but have found the food to be inconsistent. Sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes meh.  But I do like the filet they serve on Saturday nights only. Below are pictures of some of our dinner meals, looks like I didn't take any from lunch.

PXL_20220317_213753730.jpg

PXL_20220317_213745062.jpg

PXL_20220531_230706820.jpg

PXL_20220531_224408326.jpg

PXL_20220531_224419157.jpg

PXL_20220528_223024951.jpg

PXL_20220528_223100624 (1).jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NanoGirl21 said:

We are considering dining at Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse for dinner. Anyone have any reviews and/or photos of the items on the dinner menu? Particularly interested in Char-Broiled Flat Iron and the Pork Chop options.

We have never had a bad meal there. Remember everyone has there own taste. The ribs were tender and we loved the Collard greens as they were well seasoned. We ordered double sides because they are small portions. You will have to try and make your own decision.

Its is really hit or miss in our experience.  They would nail the meat one time and the sides sucked and next time it would be reversed.  I've never had the brisket not be horribly dry and I finally wrote it off.

We went twice when we were on the Mardi Gras and one time was pretty good and the other time was meh. For a free option (if it's still free) I was just fine with it. I can't say I'd pay for that as I'm kind of picky about my BBQ but we enjoyed the atmosphere and I'm pretty sure we didn't leave hungry. I say go and give it a shot....worse comes to worse, you get pizza later or snag something from the buffet.

5 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

That appetizer menu shown above is not available on Mardi Gras - or at least it wasn't in December, March or May. 

The appetizer menu that I posted above & below is from April 2022 on-board Mardi Gras.

20221025-143308.jpg

Also, I forgot to add this (check off menu) to my previous post with the menus.

20221025-143000.jpg

My original post below 🙂

On 10/24/2022 at 1:39 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

20221024-132501.jpg

20221024-132442.jpg

20221024-132423.jpg

20221024-132404.jpg

20221024-132346.jpg

⬇️(( Pig & Anchor BBQ Lunch Menu))⬇️

20221024-132319.jpg

🙂

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, NanoGirl21 said:

We really liked Guys Pig and Anchor. Especially for breakfast.  The atmosphere was nice, it was never crowded.   

11 hours ago, MikeandLinda2010 said:

We really liked Guys Pig and Anchor. Especially for breakfast.  The atmosphere was nice, it was never crowded.   

We planned for the Lido Marketplace for breakfast. Is Guys the same? Do they have the omelet and drink station at Guys for breakfast?

18 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

The appetizer menu that I posted above & below is from April 2022 on-board Mardi Gras.

20221025-143308.jpg

Also, I forgot to add this (check off menu) to my previous post with the menus.

20221025-143000.jpg

My original post below 🙂

🙂

Interesting! We've been there several times and never saw the apps menu - I'll be looking for it in December. We've only ever been given the check off menu. Did you try anything off the apps menu?

On 10/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, NanoGirl21 said:

Last time on the Mardi Gras the wife cound not eat the BBQ. The flavoring was way overboard on the hot taste. No Mild, medium, hot choices. Did not even say hot to warn you. Hopefully it is better now.

I was on the Mardi Gras in January 2022 and I have a B2B scheduled for February 2023.  

First of all, there are a LOT of food options, and I've grouped them below based on my January cruise (which was awesome just because of the ship) but I'm sure I'm leaving some out here...

Can't Wait to Return:

Rudi's, Steakhouse, Cucina del Capitano, Shawarma, Shaq's Big Chicken

Really good, will visit again:

Gourmet Hot Dog Stand, dumpling place, Bonsai Teppanyaki, Lucky Bowl, Blue Iguana Cantina, Jiji, Street Eats, Pizza Pirate (super yummy at 2am), Mongolian Wok (tell them not to spray your wok with that nasty spray), Masala Tiger, Chibang!

OK:

MDR, Same old Lido options, Seafood Shack, Bonsai Sushi, Carnival Deli

Disappointed, but will give another try:

Emeril's, Guy's Pig & Anchor (if you can find the photos from my January 2022 live review, I think you'll agree the food looked bad... it tasted worse), Guy's Burger Joint

Never again:

none, thankfully

Did not visit:

Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast

18 hours ago, NanoGirl21 said:

We planned for the Lido Marketplace for breakfast. Is Guys the same? Do they have the omelet and drink station at Guys for breakfast?

No omelet station at Pig n Anchor buffet at breakfast just a scaled down version that is available at the Lido buffet.

• Like 1

My husband went the first night with other members of our party and said the BBQ filet mignon was amazing.  The whole group of us went another night and it was not good at all.  I got the cedar plank salmon and it had almost no flavor to it.  The worst part was the dessert.  Several of us got the apple cobbler and all of them were cold with a couple being close to frozen.  

9 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I was on the Mardi Gras in January 2022 and I have a B2B scheduled for February 2023.  

First of all, there are a LOT of food options, and I've grouped them below based on my January cruise (which was awesome just because of the ship) but I'm sure I'm leaving some out here...

Can't Wait to Return:

Gourmet Hot Dog Stand, dumpling place, Bonsai Teppanyaki, Lucky Bowl, Blue Iguana Cantina, Jiji, Street Eats, Pizza Pirate (super yummy at 2am), Mongolian Wok (tell them not to spray your wok with that nasty spray), Masala Tiger, Chibang!

OK:

Emeril's, Guy's Pig & Anchor (if you can find the photos from my January 2022 live review, I think you'll agree the food looked bad... it tasted worse), Guy's Burger Joint

Never again:

none, thankfully

Did not visit:

What is Lucky Bowl & Masala Tiger?  And there is no JiJi’s, just Chibang for similar option at lunch. 

15 hours ago, rebeccac said:

My husband went the first night with other members of our party and said the BBQ filet mignon was amazing.  The whole group of us went another night and it was not good at all.  I got the cedar plank salmon and it had almost no flavor to it.  The worst part was the dessert.  Several of us got the apple cobbler and all of them were cold with a couple being close to frozen.  

Could not agree more about the dessert.  On our subsequent visit we skipped it.  But I did notice that they made a recent change on the MG and pushed everything back a day with the daily specials.  The filet was on Saturday and now it's Sunday with everything else also being pushed back one day such as the strip steak going from Sunday to Monday.

On 10/27/2022 at 12:23 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Can't Wait to Return:

OK:

Never again:

none, thankfully

Did not visit:

What is Lucky Bowl and Masala Tiger?