MSC 1st Timer Experiencing IT Problems

Av8tor

Just booked our 1st MSC cruise for January in Seascape's yacht Club.  We have previously status matched to Diamond/Black Voyager Club level based on our Princess Elite standings.  My wife's VC account was easily linked to the cruise booking but for some reason my account doesn't update.  When I'm logged into my VC account and submit the booking # I do get a reply that the booking was linked, but when I click on "Cruise Details" nothing happens except for the infamous spinning circle arrow.

I'm afraid to call MSC due to the horror stories I've read about MSC agents/IT problems messing up details when a booking is accessed for even minor changes or corrections.

HELP!

One of my problems that I had with my 1st msc cruise just finished yesterday. I even couldnt see my cruise on the schedule( thought they canceled it) and ended up having to do check in through call center! On their website Even same menu sometimes works and sometime doesnt. If you call them there is internet problem support team and they are probably the best bet.. For your ref, their app and website is not well connected and could show you different information! 

UPDATE:

I discovered that the problem was similar to the one poster Stockjock experienced (still ongoing?) in that my name on the booking doesn't match what's in Voyagers Club data.  Somehow VC has my middle name listed twice.  Even though I was afraid to call due to the horror storied I've read on this board, I did speak to a regular MSC agaent and said she couldn't make the change.  She had me  e-mail the VC department and request the name be change in their database.  A day or two later I was finally able to access the cruise on line, but when I went to fill in data for the Check-In section, my middle name was still showing twice.  Another agent tried to correct it and OH NO!, now I cannot even access the booking again!  Another e-mail has been sent to the VC folks for them to correct the issue hopefully for good! (but not holding my breath)

I booked a cruise back in June for October 2023. Having only cruised MSC once, which was back in 2013, I'd forgotten I have a Voyager's Club account. So, when I booked, I wasn't logged into VC. A few weeks later I realized I had a VC account so I logged in and tried to link the cruise. At first I kept getting errors messages. Many tries and several days later, it would tell me it was successul, but still wouldn't show the cruise as being linked. I finally had to email them and they replied quickly. I saw it linked the next day. They also applied a 5% discount for VC. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I decided to splurge and book a duplex in the Yatcht Club. Again, I'd forgotten to log into VC first so I tried linking the new booking with no luck. It said it was successful, but I couldn't see it. I again had to email them. It took them over a week to reply this time. They told me it was now linking, although I still couldn't see it. I tried linking it myself last night and a miracle happened--it successfully linked on the first try AND I can see it! I was sent another booking confirmation; however, they did not apply the 5% discount so I assume I'll need to contact them to do that. 

Next step is to cancel that first booking, which I dread because I know I'll need to call them and I've heard all the horror stories here. I really wish their website worked better and was more self-service like other cruise lines, though I admit I've only been on two cruises nine years ago (MSC and NCL), so I don't have much to go by. I can only assume most mainsteam cruise lines allow you to do more online.

• 1 month later...

Update:

The VC folks answered my next email after a few days and said the problem was a conflict with my name for my on-line website access account and what they had listed in my VC account.  They deleted my on-line account and had me create a new account using my first and middle names in the first name entry field to match the name in on the VC account and wht was listed in my cruise booking.   My VC member number/account remained unchanged and there were no points lost or change in my Diamond status.

Upon creating a new website account using the same e-mail address, I was able to access my cruise booking using  either the booking number or my online login.  However, when I went to the Web Check-In section, my VC number was not displayed (with no way to edit/add it) and my middle name still was listed twice.

I e-mailed the VC people again and after waiting two weeks with no reply, I reluctantly called MSC again.  This agent was able to quickly add my VC number to the booking and delete one of the double listed middle names.  

Now it seems that all is working correctly as I was able to complete the on-line web check-in process and print the cruise documents and luggage tags.  Now only 5 weeks to go until I can print my tickets 20 days prior to the cruise and hopefully all will still be kosher then.