NCL Joy to Bermuda from NYC - Embarkation and Testing

LoveLetter

Hey, everyone! Anyone been on the Joy recently, sailing out of NYC to Bermuda? I'm curious about Covid testing. I feel I've read conflicting info about whether we need Covid tests or not. If we do, it's cool with us; I just want to get them properly scheduled. I'd be interested in folks' experiences on this. Also, what's the embarkation experience like? We're cruising on Nov. 19. We should have priority check in because my husband's a Platinum, but I'd be interested in hearing experiences here as well. Many thanks!

I can't speak to the testing, but we were on the Breakaway last week and it was the fastest and easiest embarkation and debarkation we've ever had.  Of course you never know.  We arrived at around 10;30 and there were no lines, we just breezed right through.  It was also probably one of the first ones without any testing requirements which probably made it much faster.

23 minutes ago, LoveLetter said:

Hey, everyone! Anyone been on the Joy recently, sailing out of NYC to Bermuda? I'm curious about Covid testing. I feel I've read conflicting info about whether we need Covid tests or not. If we do, it's cool with us; I just want to get them properly scheduled. I'd be interested in folks' experiences on this. Also, what's the embarkation experience like? We're cruising on Nov. 19. We should have priority check in because my husband's a Platinum, but I'd be interested in hearing experiences here as well. Many thanks!

Covid testing no longer required on or after October 25. Bermuda Travel Authorization still required.Go to the BTA official site for the latest updates.

• Like 1

From NCL's current testing requirements by country for Bermuda.

As others have already stated, testing is no longer required, but the Travel Authorization is. If you are unvaccinated you also need proof of travel health insurance.

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

FOR ALL SAILINGS ON OR AFTER OCTOBER 22, 2022

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 2 years Nothing Required. Nothing Required.
≥ 2 years Travel Authorization required. Application fee $40

Travel Authorization required. Application fee $40

Proof of travel health insurance
Edited by njhorseman

Excellent, all. Thank you so much. It was my understanding that a Covid test was no longer needed to board, so having that confirmed is really helpful. We did apply for the travel authorisation for Bermuda, but weren't entirely clear if testing was part of that. When I called the Bermuda Tourism Authority, they said no, but something on their website indicated it was necessary. I appreciate all the experiences. Especially hearing the process seems less chaotic than I've read from earlier this year. Happy cruising!