Miami PARKING for port. Lost keyfobs?

georgia_dogg

Quick INFO: Going on Celebration 7-nighter. in 2023 (Port of Miami)

We are considering parking off-site to save approx. $80-100 instead of parking AT Port of Miami. I heard it's a nightmare to navigate that area morning of the cruise.

Can anyone recommend a good off-site parking vendor that has ACTUAL shuttle service or has anybody used an off-site parking vendor and had a nightmarish experience with either damage to vehicle, poor shuttle service and/or just frustration with the vendor?

God forbid, but has anyone had vendor lose their keys/keyfob?

2nd thought was to park at MIA and just take a rideshare. ANY thoughts and/or experience on that?

Thanks ahead for any suggestions, stories!

In years past, I tried several off-site lots.  I got tired of finding out that the lot was under an overpass or seeing homeless people sleeping up against the chain link fence of the lot.  There are many horror stories out there. I used Premier Parking (in a parking garage) more than once, but their vans were in bad shape and I gave up after the time the horn was broken and the driver had to open his window and shake his fist at slower vehicles instead.  Changes were made, and we tried Premier again after the restart.  There were many polite employees in uniform shirts and vans in very good shape.  It was an impressive change.  That may have been temporary, though, as their service is no longer that polished and we stood in a line in the parking garage waiting for a van.  You park your own car in the garage and keep your keys.   We are giving them another try in November, but I would not take a chance on another company.

• Like 1

IMO, $100 is worth the convenience and piece of mind to park at the port.  Even if it’s crazy to drop off luggage and then get to the garage, parking offsite and taking a shuttle is even more annoying (again, IMO).

It’s vacation, you don’t want to ruin it by either something happening with your car, or worrying  about something happening to your car.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

In years past, I tried several off-site lots.  I got tired of finding out that the lot was under an overpass or seeing homeless people sleeping up against the chain link fence of the lot.  There are many horror stories out there. I used Premier Parking (in a parking garage) more than once, but their vans were in bad shape and I gave up after the time the horn was broken and the driver had to open his window and shake his fist at slower vehicles instead.  Changes were made, and we tried Premier again after the restart.  There were many polite employees in uniform shirts and vans in very good shape.  It was an impressive change.  That may have been temporary, though, as their service is no longer that polished and we stood in a line in the parking garage waiting for a van.  You park your own car in the garage and keep your keys.   We are giving them another try in November, but I would not take a chance on another company.

I concur. Never had a problem with Premier. Plenty of vans, short wait times. Half the price of the pier garage.