Kids Specialty Restaurant menu question

LMaxwell

On the HAL website it mentions in specialty dining kids under 12 are half price, or Free if ordered off the Kids Menu. 

Is the Kids Menu a "light" version of the specialty menu; or is it a shipwide Kids Menu (pizza, chicken strips, quesadilla, burger, etc.)?

I have a young adult son who has Down Syndrome and we will be traveling with another family who has a special needs young man. Both of the guys would probably want to order off the kids menu. Do we need to call to make reservations and make them aware of this? Are they no charge? We have the HIA too for 2 of us…

1 hour ago, cruisin'mama said:

I have a young adult son who has Down Syndrome and we will be traveling with another family who has a special needs young man. Both of the guys would probably want to order off the kids menu. Do we need to call to make reservations and make them aware of this? Are they no charge? We have the HIA too for 2 of us…

I would discuss this with the respective Specialty Restaurant maitre'd since the kid's free policy is for ages 12 and under.