Woodwind Klein Bonaire

BoozinCroozin

We have booked with Woodwind for the Klein Bonaire catamaran and snorkel. I have heard nothing but extremely positive things about them. My real question is about their snorkeling. I have read that it is drift snorkeling and fins are not really used and lots of caution if you do wear them. 

Are fins recommended while snorkeling Klein Bonaire? My experience snorkeling in Cozumel, St Thomas, and missing Roatan, my experience is that fins are necessary for the length of swimming. What I have read for Woodwind is that you drift with the current over the reef with minimal swimming necessary. If that is the case, I will leave my fins at home. Our sets of fins alone weigh about 20-25lbs packed for 3 sets. I am not able to wear just any fins, so that is a big factor in the decision as well. If I don't have mine, I won't have any fins. So that is the other part of the consideration. 

Just returned from going snorkeling in Bonaire with Woodwind.  Again, a fantastic time.

The first stop is usually a drift snorkel.  Most of the people on our trip used fins, which Woodwind supplies, so no need to bring yours.  Second stop is not drift snorkeling and you'll have to do swimming. 

Woodwind supplies everything you need - even shorty wet suits, masks, fins, noodles, vest, etc.

I highly recommend going with them.

• Like 1

Isa and her team with the Woodwind are top notch. We did this snorkel with them 2 weeks ago and it was awesome. My communication with them was quick and easy. No deposit required all they ask is if you please cancel beforehand if you can't make it.

We met at the Divi Flamingo Resort just a 5 minute walk from the port. The crew is well trained and all the snorkel equipment is some of the best I have experienced on a tour. There are even prescription goggles/masks, weight, SPF shirts, reef friendly sunscreen  if you need them. 

Isa and her team love what they do and they have a vested interest in giving you a great experience while observing and protecting the surrounding sea life.

You won't be disappointed if you try Woodwind

9DF66F95-BD52-461E-BE3A-5824EF80FC28.jpeg

D51C778D-C771-4659-AD44-C84EC0539C00.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Momsez. @DREAMSAFLOAT Thank you for the feedback. We reserved with them and cannot wait. I was trying to go from 4 suitcases to 3, but the snorkel gear takes up too much space and wait. I cannot use other fins because they cause too much pain. I am perfectly fine carrying the ones that work for me.

Nice pics. What camera were you using? I have a GoPro Hero something and an Olympus Tg6.