Canned or bottled water on Voyager?

Speaking of which ... how does the tap water taste?    

I've heard it is very heavily filtered and drinkable.   Them saying it is drinkable doesn't mean much to me, since They say that about Orlando's swamp water so drinkable can just mean "It probably won't harm you".   But the heavy filtering makes me think maybe it truly is drinkable.  

5 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I've heard it is very heavily filtered and drinkable.   Them saying it is drinkable doesn't mean much to me, since They say that about Orlando's swamp water so drinkable can just mean "It probably won't harm you".   But the heavy filtering makes me think maybe it truly is drinkable.  

Tap water tasted fine to me on Voyager and pretty much any other Royal ship.

FYI - I have tasty well water at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I don’t drink “tap” water on any RCI ship because it has a weird taste to it. However, water taste is very subjective,  I am sure others have no issue drinking it. 

Earlier this month, they were serving water in typical plastic bottles.  I don't recall the brand, but I don't think it was one I recognized.  The tap water tasted fine to me, though we did get bottles because we had the DBP and it was convenient to grab them to take back to the room for the nightstand, on excursions, etc.  BTW, to get bottled water at the bars with a beverage package, they don't even swipe your card - you just show them that it has the beverage package codes on it and they will hand you a couple of bottles.  Oh, and we did the All-Access Tour where we found that the tap water is created through reverse-osmosis and the source is from drain water as well as sea water.  Yes, that's right - they extract 99.9999% pure water from "used" water aboard the ship! 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 11:58 AM, Another_Critic said:

Tap water tasted fine to me on Voyager and pretty much any other Royal ship.

FYI - I have tasty well water at home.

Tap water Tasted good to me when I was on Voyager last, but that was almost 23 years ago... 

Back in June it was canned water. A bit unpratical for bringing to go ashore.

However, I filled up my waterbottle at the Promenade Café - I am a bit picky about drinking water, but I find this acceptable.

• Like 1