Anyone else nervous

RCLcruiser2012

On 10/25/2022 at 12:00 PM, RCLcruiser2012 said:

We have cruised on RCL, Carnival, and NCL.  RCL is my favorite cruiseline!  The reviews are so mixed....  Hoping for the best

No reason to be nervous, there are plenty of YouTube reviews on this cruise ship to help you decide. Just remember that the ship is 30+ years old, does not have all the bells and whistles that you may be accustomed to.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back yesterday from this cruise.  Think Carnival Ecxtasy circa 1990. It was fun, and the energy was great. I just got off the Oasis before I boarded Margaritaville, and honestly, the food on Margaritaville was Better! My husband loved it! Rooms were cute. Just an old old ship with no stabilizers, so you def feel it moving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Breezie68 said:

I just got back yesterday from this cruise.  Think Carnival Ecxtasy circa 1990. It was fun, and the energy was great. I just got off the Oasis before I boarded Margaritaville, and honestly, the food on Margaritaville was Better! My husband loved it! Rooms were cute. Just an old old ship with no stabilizers, so you def feel it moving.

Stabilizers are an old technology. Of course the ship has stabilizers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 12:09 PM, Rothko1 said:

Yeah, just keep your expectations where they should be.  This is not a luxury cruise liner.  But if you are looking for a laid back trip over to the Bahamas, you should enjoy it.

Ditto what Rothko1 said.  Just got off on Wednesday.  Had a great time.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, CajunOyster said:

Ditto what Rothko1 said.  Just got off on Wednesday.  Had a great time.

We got off last Wednesday too. Second trip on this ship. Everything was fine. Spent the port day at the mini festival marketplace over where Royal Caribbean's ship was docked. Lots of shops and Señor Frog's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, Breezie68 said:

It definitely does have stabilizers, but my understanding is that in general with most cruise lines, they're used only in heavy seas .. not moderately choppy ones.     The reason being that they add to the fuel consumption.