Itinerary Change 1 Year Out

Pyxie

Very upsetting.   San Juan was the only port that we really wanted to visit on our cruise.  Who else can do this and just expect us to say "Oh well, I guess there is nothing we can do about it because the Company wants to save some money."   If I wanted to save some money I would not have chosen to spend my hard earned cash with Carnival in the first place.    This is Bait and Switch people.  If you ordered a new leather couch and it was delivered with cloth and all we got was some double talk BS excuse as to why.   Then they  proceed to tell you,  "Love it or leave it, and oh by the way, if you leave it, we will have to charge you to do so."   That would not be acceptable and neither is Carnivals change. 

The reason why does matter.  If the change was to save money to lower the cost, so be it.   What do you think would happen If I decided to the lower the cost of my cruise by choosing not to pay as much as Carnival wants.   I don't think that would work in my favor.   Why should this change work in Carnivals favor?  They posted a price to go to San Juan. I paid the price to go to San Juan.  Nuff said.  If there is another reason, tell us, help us understand.   OH by the way:  I did not receive any notice from Carnival at all.  I just happened to see the change when I was looking at shore excursions.  I went back after reading this thread and double checked my email.  NOTHING.  I guess they planned on surprising me.  

Due to the nature of our jobs we have very little options as to when we can take our vacations and it is very difficult for us to change to a week before or a week after.   I will be looking to cancel or jump ship. The burden should not and will not be on me, it will be on them.  They did this, Not me.  I am willing to fight for what is right.   

Sorry for the long rant but needed to be said.  Hope you are reading Carnival. 

• Like 1

San Juan was the only port that we really wanted to visit on our cruise.  Who else can do this and just expect us to say "Oh well, I guess there is nothing we can do about it because the Company wants to save some money

Read your cruise contract, it has always been a possibility on any cruise for whatever reason CCL deems it (and it does happen more often that you think).  All cruise lines have this stipulation included so not unique to CCL as it is impossible to account for every situation that may come up.  Many companies reserve the right to change or move things around and it is always in the fine print. 

As annoying or disappointing as it is, you now have the options to cancel (hopefully you purchased travel insurance of some type to cover a cancellation), move the cruise to another date in the future or deal with it and not let it ruin your cruise.  

Edited by Drazil65

20 hours ago, Mgus1963 said:

Very upsetting.   San Juan was the only port that we really wanted to visit on our cruise.  Who else can do this and just expect us to say "Oh well, I guess there is nothing we can do about it because the Company wants to save some money."   If I wanted to save some money I would not have chosen to spend my hard earned cash with Carnival in the first place.    This is Bait and Switch people.  If you ordered a new leather couch and it was delivered with cloth and all we got was some double talk BS excuse as to why.   Then they  proceed to tell you,  "Love it or leave it, and oh by the way, if you leave it, we will have to charge you to do so."   That would not be acceptable and neither is Carnivals change. 

The reason why does matter.  If the change was to save money to lower the cost, so be it.   What do you think would happen If I decided to the lower the cost of my cruise by choosing not to pay as much as Carnival wants.   I don't think that would work in my favor.   Why should this change work in Carnivals favor?  They posted a price to go to San Juan. I paid the price to go to San Juan.  Nuff said.  If there is another reason, tell us, help us understand.   OH by the way:  I did not receive any notice from Carnival at all.  I just happened to see the change when I was looking at shore excursions.  I went back after reading this thread and double checked my email.  NOTHING.  I guess they planned on surprising me.  

Due to the nature of our jobs we have very little options as to when we can take our vacations and it is very difficult for us to change to a week before or a week after.   I will be looking to cancel or jump ship. The burden should not and will not be on me, it will be on them.  They did this, Not me.  I am willing to fight for what is right.   

Sorry for the long rant but needed to be said.  Hope you are reading Carnival. 

I feel your pain. Our itinerary changed from Bermuda to the Bahamas a few months before the cruise. Unfortunately the contract does allow them to do this and as with any cruise with any line individual ports are never guaranteed. Any contract is always written to favor the one who writes it and when it comes to travel contracts they very much are of the "take it, or leave it" variety. I know that you are willing to fight, and as much as I can sympathize with you I do not think that it is a fight that you will win. 

Didn't read all the replies (sorry!), but did you purchase travel insurance ?  Some of them have reimbursements for itinerary change.  Not the one you can purchase thru Carnival, but if purchased from outside provider.  I seem to remember Allstate has that on some of their plans ???