Carnival card question

cruisebarbie

We have had a Carnival credit card since 2019 and never redeemed points.  We now have 35,000 points.  Can we use them on an upcoming cruise toward on board credit?  If so, how do we redeem them?  What is the best use for these points?

Thanks in advance!

Vicki

You have to redeem them through the credit card company. There may be a phone number you can call, but I've always just redeemed mine online or through their app. Not sure if you can get a gift card anymore, but I just use the card to pay for whatever directly through Carnival (including onboard cash), then I'll login to my CC account, go to the redemption center, choose Pay With Funpoints, and choose which Carnival charges I want to the points applied to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisebarbie said:

We have had a Carnival credit card since 2019 and never redeemed points.  We now have 35,000 points.  Can we use them on an upcoming cruise toward on board credit?  If so, how do we redeem them?  What is the best use for these points?

After a quick Google search:

1) Log into BarclaycardUS.com & then click on the rewards tab. Then select the redeem Fun Points option. You have the option to redeem your points for cash back or pay yourself back statement credits, gift cards or merchandise. Redemptions start at 1,000 points for $10.00.

2) Call the phone number on the back of the credit card.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

After a quick Google search:

1) Log into BarclaycardUS.com & then click on the rewards tab. Then select the redeem Fun Points option. You have the option to redeem your points for cash back or pay yourself back statement credits, gift cards or merchandise. Redemptions start at 1,000 points for $10.00.

2) Call the phone number on the back of the credit card.

I've done a few times - that is pretty much it.  Just bear in mind any OBC you purchase will NOT show on your booking on Carnival.  Just keep documentation of the purchase and it should show up in your S&S account once onboard. 

33 minutes ago, Qchell said:

I've done a few times - that is pretty much it.  Just bear in mind any OBC you purchase will NOT show on your booking on Carnival.  Just keep documentation of the purchase and it should show up in your S&S account once onboard. 

Good to know thanks!  Did you purchase the on board cash with the card and then use the points to pay?  

4 hours ago, cruisebarbie said:

Thanks in advance!

Vicki

How committed are you to using your points now?  I ask because the best redemption rate is a statement credit of 100,000 FPs for a statement credit of $1500.

From the Barclay's site, under

"What's the best redemption value among eligible transactions?":

"Carnival Cruise transactions with a value of $1,500 or more offer you the best redemption value. 100,000 FunPoints may be redeemed for a $1,500 statement credit toward an eligible purchase."

I have redeemed many thousands of FunPoints over the years (I've had this card and have used it for everything I can since 2005). 

If you are planning on taking more Carnival cruises, and are willing to wait until you have at least 100,000 FPs and a Carnival purchase (cruisefare or Sail & Sign balance, etc.) of at least $1500, you will get the most bang for your buck.  BTW, the Funpoints don't expire as long as your account is in good standing. 

On 10/27/2022 at 1:32 PM, cruisebarbie said:

Good to know thanks!  Did you purchase the on board cash with the card and then use the points to pay?  

No, just log into the website, and go to the section where you can redeem your points.  The OBC (cruise cash) is paid for with your points, not with money. 

• Thanks 1