Regent horrible execution

Lonedaddy

Got this and it says shore ex for the new ports are available online -NOPE @mikemoorecome on man!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR CRUISE ITINERARY:
SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER® DEPARTING JANUARY 12, 2023

DATE OF ISSUANCE: OCTOBER 27, 2022

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner:

Portside Cruise Terminal in Brisbane has ceased activities and, effective immediately, is no longer accepting calls of cruise ships. We have therefore revised the itinerary for your 2023 Seven Seas Explorer cruise.

The originally planned overnight call to Brisbane, Australia on January 28 & 29, 2023, will be replaced with a day at sea and a visit to the town of Mooloolaba, Australia.

In addition, Seven Seas Explorer will sail to Newcastle, Australia on January 27, instead of the originally scheduled sea day.

Just north of Brisbane, Mooloolaba boasts some of Queensland’s most beautiful beaches while Newcastle is the gateway to the Hunter Valley wine region and scenic area of Port Stephens.

The revised portion of the itinerary is below:

DATE

PORT

ARRIVAL

DEPARTURE

27-Jan-2023

Newcastle, Australia

8:00AM

7:00PM

28-Jan-2023

At Sea

--

--

29-Jan-2023

Mooloolaba, Australia

7:00AM 

7:00PM

Shore excursions for the newly added calls are available to reserve online.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservation Department at the phone numbers below.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Seven Seas Explorer.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

25 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

You would think that before they sent this out, they verified that indeed the shore-ex were load and functioning or at least send out a PDF with the shore ex descriptions!

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

It’s frustrating but stuff happens. Relax and try again tomorrow. If you can’t reserve, then nobody else can either so you won’t miss out by being last. 

Shouldn't happen maybe on carnival but not regent.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Carnival has faster internet and a much bigger budget...the price you pay has nothing to do with the technology you get.

I get that but don't say what the said in the letter - maybe coming soon would be better wording.

24 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It could also be your cache not clearing...

https://refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Your ISP also has a cache that might not be updating yet.

It's not me - others on the roll call and tried too @irishwitchyposted the shore ex pdf.  I called regent and actually got right through, but they said they don't have any shore-ex loaded for those ports yet.  

Keystone cops....

"Yes we just spoke with Regent and they advised the same. They suggested we try back next week." from TA

Given that the offerings are fairly limited they better be able to accommodate peoples wishes.  

Ok, I called Regent and they removed my Brisbane excursions and signed me up for the two ones, I wanted.   I owned them some money, so credit card on file was discussed.  Note was going to be sent to my TA, also.  Mind you I can’t see any of this, but I’m expecting it is a done deal.   Interesting note,  the free tour I had to the zoo,  now costs money.  

45 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Ok, I called Regent and they removed my Brisbane excursions and signed me up for the two ones, I wanted.   I owned them some money, so credit card on file was discussed.  Note was going to be sent to my TA, also.  Mind you I can’t see any of this, but I’m expecting it is a done deal.   Interesting note,  the free tour I had to the zoo,  now costs money.  

and the zoo is closer to the new port

after your post I called again to book and this agent was able to add me. 

Edited by Lonedaddy

13 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Got this and it says shore ex for the new ports are available online -NOPE @mikemoorecome on man!

Hi Lonedaddy - seems that from the other comments above this isn't an issue related to the website, but that the tours weren't actually loaded yet. Apologies that we miscommunicated that.

And just as an FYI, my screen name is @Mike Moore to save whoever poor mikemoore is. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

Hi Lonedaddy - seems that from the other comments above this isn't an issue related to the website, but that the tours weren't actually loaded yet. Apologies that we miscommunicated that.

And just as an FYI, my screen name is @Mike Moore to save whoever poor mikemoore is. 🙂 

Thanks for the update and apologies it wasn't your department, please do pass this along to whoever's it was, causeda very anxious day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 9:02 AM, Lonedaddy said:

@Mike Moore 

Mike, another issue you may be able to help solve.

Navigator, November 10, 2023 Istanbul to Dubai is supposed to open for shore excursions reservations this Thursday at 8 PM EST. However, the shore excursions pdf file is not available on the website for download.

Could you please look into this?

Thank you for all of your support to CC posters.

Edited by labonnevie
clarify

3 hours ago, labonnevie said:

@Mike Moore 

Mike, another issue you may be able to help solve.

Navigator, November 10, 2023 Istanbul to Dubai is supposed to open for shore excursions reservations this Thursday at 8 PM EST. However, the shore excursions pdf file is not available on the website for download.

Could you please look into this?

Thank you for all of your support to CC posters.

If the PDF isn’t available it means that tours haven’t been finalized for the voyage yet. We make every effort to have that done 365 days before the cruise sails, but in some rare instances we can’t get them done by that date. I’ll try to get an update for you on Monday.

• Like 2