Spirit ..How was your week?

maurick

I am interested, too.

There are two issues that are sticking in my mind (no, not trays and wings) after reading numerous posts that are in total disagreement:

1. Were the beds unacceptably hard?

2. Were the shows totally lame?

Thanks!

We were on the 10 day 2-9.

Yes the bed are very hard. My wife hated it. Me, I like firm beds

No the shows were not lame. I thought American beat was too overdone but the rest of the show were good.

Carlelena..when are you sailing?

March 26th...

I think they are still doing "On the Radio," which I saw last year and was not very good... at all... yes, it was "overdone" in that the dancers were jumping around spastically, garish makeup, amatuerish costumes, and making these waaaaay overdone facial expressions. Yikes!

we upgraded to a balcony from a inside. ITs a gty. So I dont know cabin number yet.

Have you preregistered? If not, you might find out your cabin # that way. I booked through Expedia, also a gty, and when I preregistered I found out...,

My husband and I just got off Spirit. Ship was great, crew was friendly, weather was beautiful.

Disembarkment had a slight glitch due to the fact that we were an hour early getting in which put our arrival about ten minutes after Dawn. Nothing major just a slight delay with both ships in at the same time.

Just returned today. Had a great time. The ship was smaller than expected but interesting in its Asian decor. The staff was fabulous- could not have been more accomodating to us . We ate in the specialty restaurants after a mediocre experience in Windows. The specialty restaurants were well worth the small additional cost. Must try Teppanyaki-a fun dinner for all ages. The japanese food was excellent in Shogun. The entertainment was hokey and not well done in my opinion but I'm a NYC girl so I'm hard to please. The kids pool was great as was their program -my 5 year old loved it. GSC was beautiful but VERY CROWDWED- be sure to get up early for your tender ticket to be on the first boat and take a front row lounge chair when you arrive. Don't expect breakfast there-they push drinks as soon as you arrive at 8am. We stayed a couple of hours only because it was insane for us. When in the Bahamas try a day pass at the British Colonial Hiltron for 15pp. Lovely little beach very clean despite its proximity to the docks. we thoroughly enjoyed it. Overall we had a great time .

please post a review! we are desperate for your tidbits!

i was thinking of going the colonial hilton route... especially since i might just stay on the ship at GSC. i'm not even betting on the itinerary yet.

I just have to go on the record as saying that I think the overall quality of the food on the Spirit was poor. Sure Sho-gun was good and so was La Trattoria, but overall, I ate waffles almost everyday and hamburgers (which weren't very good) for lunch and dinner. I don't know what else to say, we had a great time on the cruise, but my family hated the food. I think the quality stunk and some of the meat tasted funny.

It would be so much more helpful if people would take a little time when posting comments. Those of us that are looking for information would benefit more from comments which were specific....For example, just saying the food sucked...doesn't really tell us a lot about where you ate, what you ordered and how it didn't meet the expectations that you had...that way those of us who still have to sail might have a better experience that someone else....just a thought...

I am surprised that at the specialty restaurants you have to pay for kids (even if they order from the kids menu). Every thing that I have read up to this point has said otherwise.:confused: :confused:

I must be missing something. Where does it say that you have to pay for kids who order from the kids menu?

I am surprised that at the specialty restaurants you have to pay for kids (even if they order from the kids menu). Every thing that I have read up to this point has said otherwise.:confused: :confused:

Are there kids menus in the speciality restaurants?

I just have to go on the record as saying that I think the overall quality of the food on the Spirit was poor. Sure Sho-gun was good and so was La Trattoria, but overall, I ate waffles almost everyday and hamburgers (which weren't very good) for lunch and dinner. I don't know what else to say, we had a great time on the cruise, but my family hated the food. I think the quality stunk and some of the meat tasted funny.

Where did you eat besides Sho-gun and La Tratorria?:confused:

"I am surprised that at the specialty restaurants you have to pay for kids (even if they order from the kids menu). Every thing that I have read up to this point has said otherwise"

OOPS...I posted this on the wrong thread! It refers to this comment from this thread from mommybunny21!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=308955:rolleyes:

"I am surprised that at the specialty restaurants you have to pay for kids (even if they order from the kids menu). Every thing that I have read up to this point has said otherwise"

OOPS...I posted this on the wrong thread! It refers to this comment from this thread from mommybunny21!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=308955:rolleyes:

On both the Dawn and the Spirit we had kids order off the kids menu and there was no extra charge. Could this be something new?

Archived