Which NY Airport

cruisetmc

We are considering one of the Victory New England cruises. Airfares are the best into Newark. Can anyone recommend a good hotel close to the airport for a precruise and a transportation to the port the next day?

Do NOT book the Newark Hilton Gateway. It is a really crappy hotel.

There is a Marriott close to the airport. Haven't stayed there for a couple of years, so can't give a recent report.

If you want to take a chance, bid Priceline for either Elizabeth or Meadowlands. All 3* hotels in those two zones can usually be bid for $65.00 or so.

The Sheraton Meadowlands is a GREAT hotel. Farther from the airport, but the amenities are fantastic.

The Marriott at the airport is really nice.

I've also stayed at the Wyndham which is just off to the south of the airport - really nice as well.

You may also want to consider the Jersey City area - there's a great Hyatt right on the waterfront and there are the other road-warrior hotels nearby as well. Be forewarned though that car service from NJ to NYC is a bit more expensive so any savings garnered by cheap airfares into EWR or hotels in NJ may be off-set by the car fare.

country inn & suites, marriott residence inn or courtyard (newark/elizabeth on glimcher realty way)

all are nice....close to jersey gardens mall....a ruby tuesday i think. all have shuttles from airport. also, easier to get around than the ones on route 1/9

i have stayed in them all......decent, clean and the country inn and residence inn have free breakfast.

Archived