Shore excursion refund question

So we are on RCCL right now and We booked a shore excursion for Santorini. When we go to get on the bus there were very large people taking up two seats. We are large ourselves not obese but just larger overall,  so we asked if there was another bus, but they told us no. We refused to go like sardines because it was a long drive and we honestly didn’t fit in the seats. The tour operator kept telling us there were 55 seats and only 52 people. And I kept explaining yes but if 5 people take up two seats there are no seats left. He kept on insisting we fit so I sat and half my body was off the seat and i almost fell off the seat, that my partner to add insult to i jury had to yell “don’t you see how fat I am and there are people taking two seats how do you expect me to fit” needless to say, We got off the bus and headed back to the ship to complain to the shore excursion desk. 

shore excursion desk were so rude to us tell us we “chose” not to go. We were refunded but we pretty much wasted our day and couldn’t see Santorini because they oversold the tour and allowed other bigger people to take up two seats. I told them I should be compensated. But they said someone from royal was on the dock explaining what happened and thats  their story. I was so infuriated. I asked them for something in writing but the manager came out and was extra rude and said there was no compensation and nothing in writing they could give me. 

What do you guys think I should do? I want something in writing acknowledging we couldn’t go because they allowed people to take two seats but now they are lying and won’t give me anything in writing. Any tips?

Kind of curious why you feel compensation is due. A refund request was granted which is what should have been expected. What added compensation was deserved? I am sorry you missed your excursion but it was a choice to do nothing else that day.

The tour we recently took in Bar Harbor, ME listed w weight limit of 300lbs.  It was on a  "limo shuttle bus" with 14 seats that were very comfortable, but slightly narrower than the tour bus seats.  I assumed the weight limit was to prevent larger passengers from taking up two seats.  

I know missing the tour was disappointing, but I agree with @Biker19 - you were refunded, and that's the best they are going to do.  At least they did that.  

I have to agree, you are more than lucky for getting a refund at all. IMO the excursion manager was more than gracious to do this. It was your choice to not participate and you had no reason to get a refund, but still got it.

I´m not small myself and I know what you are talking about, but still think what I said above. 

I´m going to assume now, but from your post it sounds a bit like you and your partner would have struggeled in a row of two seats as well.

What do you need in writing? Why do you need anything in writing? What do you think will happen and what do you expect. 

You need to let it go and you´d been better off to visit Santorini on your own and take in the great views from the little city and stroll the streets. Sorry partly you ruined the day yourself.