Live from Wind Star October 29 Barcelona to Bridgetown

mariners

Cometman, I hope that your cruise on Windstar was fabulous!  

Pudgesmom, our trip was so wonderful that I've started to write a letter to Windstar as I wanted to provide them with more positive, and personalized, information than the follow-up cruise survey allowed.  

That being said, I am also providing them with information regarding something that I found very disconcerting onboard.  

One morning, early in the cruise, I was walking through the reception area and there was a woman who was sitting at a table with many Windstar future cruise brochures in front of her.  I asked her if she was the "Windstar Cruise Consultant", and she responded, "Yes."  (Note:  This was during the hours that the daily program had "Come and see your Onboard Cruise Consultant and talk about your future Cruise adventure and your discount for booking onboard, Lobby Deck 3 MID.")  We had a fairly brief conversation, and I told her that I would speak with her later in the cruise as I hadn't looked at future bookings.  However, shortly after that conversation, I was informed by another passenger that the woman was actually a travel agent and was not the "Windstar Cruise Consultant" who was, in fact, Nadija.    

I do not know Windstar's policy on travel agents and acceptable practices for travel agents onboard the ships.  I am hopeful that, if they don't already have a policy in place, they will put one in place in the future.

IMO, misrepresentation of a person's position, high intensity sales pitches to a "captive" audience, etc. by TA's, etc. should never take place.  I have never before had this experience with any TA on any cruise, and hope that I will never have the experience again.  

• Like 1

Thank you, WS central should be notified, that is creepy, she should never be allowed back on. She was a liar, very grim. In my 26 cruises with WS have never seen that gratefully. We are on 12/10 I hope to see your masts when I awake on that morning. Glad you had a terrific trip. Happy Sailing

• 1 month later...

Hi. Sorry to intrude on the thread but was hoping to get in touch with Pudgesmom and her hubby the ex pilot guy. If she gets this, can she contact Coconutguy from her last transatlantic cruise to Barcelona via message here on cruise critic or at my email addisoniv “at” Gmail. Thanks trying to see if they want to join a cruise in 2024 or 2025 we are planning. 

Coconutguy, I hope that you managed to connect with Pudgesmom.  

I did write to Windstar about the fabulous crew, and our experience(s), onboard the crossing.  Windstar's response to me was excellent and, I hope, that the crew onboard the ship were also given the positive feedback.    

We have not booked anything for 2024 or 2025 on any cruise line.  We will definitely be looking at Windstar.