Transportation for one

inar

Hi.  I’m looking for a cheap transportation option from LAX to long beach.  Arriving the day before my cruise and wanted to disembark using express walk off for a flight at 1130am.   What are my options without breaking the bank?

14 hours ago, inar said:

I’m looking for a cheap transportation option from LAX to long beach. * * * What are my options without breaking the bank?

I assume that you're seeking to avoid the expense of taxi or Uber/Lyft service, use of which does not require any detailed explanation.

There are two public transportation options. (1) The easier option is using a single local bus route from LAX to Long Beach, but a bit time-consuming. The fare is $1.75 exact cash. (2) The quicker option is using train routes from LAX to Long Beach, but having to make a connection enroute. The fare is $1.75, plus $2.00 to purchase a reusable fare card. Both options are available seven days per week, until midnight. Here are the details for each.

Initially it should be noted that the LAX bus and rail stations are not located at the individual airline terminals at LAX, and that a short free shuttle bus ride is required. Locate a pink-colored shuttle bus stop at any of the several individual airline terminals, on the lower (arrivals) level. (1) Going to the LAX bus station, board a shuttle bus marked "LAX City Bus Center." (2) Going to the LAX rail station, board a shuttle bus marked "Metro Green Line."

(1) By bus, board route 232 bus, destined for Long Beach, at the LAX bus station. It departs every half hour. The bus route goes to Long Beach Boulevard, traveling its length from Anaheim Street to First Street. Travel time is approximately 2 hours. Details are available at http://www.metro.net/riding/schedules/?line=232-13164.

(2) By train, board "C" Line (Green) train, destined for Norwalk, at the LAX rail station. It departs every 15 minutes. The train goes to Willowbrook/Rosa Parks station, where you will change trains. Travel time is approximately 14 minutes. Details are available at http://www.metro.net/riding/schedules/?line=803. Next, board "A" Line (Blue) train, destined for Long Beach, at the Willowbrook/Rosa Parks rail station. It departs every 12 minutes. The train goes to Long Beach Boulevard, traveling its length from Willow Street to First Street. Travel time is approximately 30 minutes. Details are available at http://www.metro.net/riding/schedules/?line=801.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inar said:

Thank you both for the info.  How much does it cost to Uber from lax to long beach and how long does it take?   I would be arriving terminal 2

You can get an estimate at the Uber website. A little Google mapping would reveal it can be as little as 30 minutes, but I would plan for 45 or so.

• Like 1