Steakhouse Complementary Wine

NanoGirl21

On our Dream cruise this past Sept., we ate in the steakhouse on the 3rd night, and we were offered a free bottle of wine. After talking to our waiter we decided on the red, as both of us ordered the filet. And it was really, really good. But we aren't wine drinkers, but this wine paired perfectly. 

If they have an open bottle of the free wine, ask for a taste first.  If you don't like it, opt for a bottle of better wine at 50% off.  We did the free wine once, tried it a second time and paid 50% off for Kendall Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon, and never tried the free wine again.  But different palates, who knows?

• Like 2

I have ordered more than one bottle at 50% off when having first night dinner at the Steakhouse (5 on one cruise) and they will store them and bring them out when requested, like at MDR or JiJi's, etc.  Doesn't hurt to ask if you can order more than one bottle which is a better deal than Cruising the Vineyards.😊

Edited by ninjacat123

59 minutes ago, justafem said:

We were given the free wine and the option of purchasing as many bottles as we wanted at 50%.  So we did.  Many many bottles!  Utilized for the entire cruise.  

Good for you!  I asked if I could do this on Sunshine this March and the host said one or the other.