How Close After Scheduled Docking Time Should You Book Air From New Orleans?

Hi... I'm taking the family on the Radiance of Seas to/from New Orleans.  Wondering what the earliest time is that one should book air from MSY?  I called RCL and they said noon.  That seems to be cutting it close, given the fact that you're sailing up the MIssissippi before scheduled docking at 7am.  First of all,  how realistic is that 7am dock time?  And second of all what's the earliest YOU would book a flight out of MSY coming from the port?  And third of all, what's it like getting a cab/Uber/Lyft/shuttle from the dock upon disembarkation to the airport?

It's not a 7 am docking time. The ship will dock earlier. Has to be cleared by the coast guard. Galveston told me 8 am but I was doing walk off by 730. Usually a bit earlier than they say.

I'd like to neve book before noon but booked 11 21 am after a cruise next spring break. I know that's cutting it close. I'll probably have to get a cab, but unless the ship is late best non stop flight so I'm taking my chances flying home. Ha. Getting to miami I have a stop in new orleans. I'll wave.