What Brand of Steak Knives are used in Moderno and Cagney's

Yo Adrienne

DH and I are looking at replacing our steak knives...and we really like the ones that NCL has in Moderno and Cagneys.  Does anyone know what brand and style they use in these specialty restaurants...?  (We were on the Jewel last month and forgot to ask..!) 

Thanks in advance, 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, Grimix said:

Does the Le Bistro one have a bee on top of the knife edge? If so that seems to be the knives they were using in the Haven on the Bliss as well.

The knives with the bee on the edge are Laguiole, they are a well known and loved knife company from France. DH and I bought a set in the Burgundy region of France more than 20 years ago and still use them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, BirdTravels said:

Can't comment on the brand. But on our recent cruise, at Cagney's, we were presented with a box containing different steak knives to select from. We just picked the biggest, heaviest knife from the presentation box. 

Did they do this for any entree, or had you ordered something like the tomahawk?

16 minutes ago, Shadygap said:

We had the last one pictured “Laguiole” steak knife in the Haven restaurant and it cut steak like butter. I would like to get those but there seem to be a lot of fakes. Not sure how to know I get real ones. 

They are not exactly fakes because Laguiole is not a trademark.  I believe there may be one 'original' brand (or claimed to be) but there are probably other high-quality ones also.  There is quite a bit of information out there on what to look for, but in general it's probably a case of you get what you pay for.

32 minutes ago, Shadygap said:

We had the last one pictured “Laguiole” steak knife in the Haven restaurant and it cut steak like butter. I would like to get those but there seem to be a lot of fakes. Not sure how to know I get real ones. 

They are available many places.  Williams Sonoma usually has them.  Seems like maybe Sur la Table too.  Anyways, higher end kitchen supply.

Fun to pick out the color you want.  Mine have copper blades which are super fun but I think they were a limited production years ago.

Edited by Purple_Pig
correction

What you have in thé photo IS a Laguiole knife made by the Jean Dubost company. Laguiole IS thé town, several manufacturers of differing quality put products on the market, including knockoffs. I bought Jean Dubost at Galeries Lafayette about thirty years ago. I'm sure you Can order directly from Jean Dubost. Juste Google Laguiole Jean Dubost. Pardon thé typos but I'm on m'y husband's French phone and it has its own spelling.

• Like 1