What is up with Discovery May 7 voyage?

cruising deacon

We are booked on this cruise , but I am second guessing that decision.

I noticed that there are VERY FEW balcony rooms still available for this voyage (Princess website) when compared to the week previous and the 2 weeks after.  Without actually counting, I would say there are 20 TIMES the number of balcony cabins available on those other weeks when comparing to May 7 voyage.

What is up with this voyage:    is Princess 'holding' a ton of rooms?

is it some 'special' grouppy cruise that I don't want to be part of?

does someone know something I don't?

I would appreciate a response if you know why or if you just have a guess.

This seems to be a standard seven night round trip ex-Seattle but the previous seven day cruise is Vancouver to Seattle.  Not sure why that would make a lot of difference but following weeks it repeats the same itinerary.  However it is the first opportunity for people to do a Discovery round trip out of Seattle which might be more attractive to US citizens than having to go to Canada to embark.  The other point is that when you look at the website to book, or do a dummy booking, they only show a proportion of the ship which might be well booked up or otherwise.  I do not believe you can get a comprehensive view of all booked cabins throughout the ship as it is not sensible to reveal this to your competitors or people booking think they can lever a bargain on a half empty ship.

Regards John

• Haha 2

I really could not say why there are such a limited number of cabins available on this sailing, especially as compared to the others.   It seems Princess and their website have really been picky about which cabins they show when you are looking to make a booking.

I did a quick search, and I did not find any mention of any major 'group' or special cruise for this sailing.  Just a Facebook page with like 50 people joined, which I would guess is a Facebook roll-call.  Just like here on this forum.

Nothing about this date seems to come to mind.  As, it is actually very early in the season to sail Alaska.