Mobility scooter

Nisee38

Hi all, we will be cruising out of Brooklyn during summer 2023. Booked on the Meraviglia in a whirlpool terrace room (13004).

I'm able to walk fine, but not for long distances. I've been considering renting a mobility scooter for the trip. Since the cabin has a separate living space I don't think space will be a problem, but I have a few questions:

1. Will the doorways be wide enough to get the scooter in and out of this non accessible cabin?

2. Do I have to do anything to inform MSC?

3. Are there any other factors I'm no considering?

Thanks

Yes, you do need to inform MSC. Go to MSC'S website look  under special needs mobility. There is a

form there that you need to fill out and submit to MSC. When you fill out the form you have to put the dimensions of the scooter. There should be no problem getting it through the doorway of a regular cabin.

I do have mobility issues. As to a scooter. You must file with "special needs". Also a scooter or wheelchair will most often NOT fit in a regular cabin. And the mobility device MUST FIT in the doorway. Special needs needs the measurements of your device. And if the device is not approved by special needs for the cabin you booked, MSCC will not allow you to use the device. 

The device MUST be stored in your cabin. Not in the hallway. >> I share this from past experiences dealing with MSC and my personal mobility issue