Nieuw Statendam inside cabin size

CruiserKris34

The inside cabins are listed as 141 to 225 sf.  That is a big difference for a small cabin. Our last inside cabin on Celebrity had a loveseat area which was nice.  I booked cabin 7070 on Nieuw Statendam and in doing some YouTube views, it looks like just the bed and a desk.  Are there any larger inside cabins which are the 225 sf?  Not a huge deal, but just curious.  Thanks!  Kris

The largest insides probably refer to Handicap Cabins.

The 'triple' insides: 4104 4115 5108 5129 6112 6127 7104 7095 8092 8109 have a sofa (that flips to become a single bed). One commenter on cruisedeckplans remarked that the sofa was useless for sitting (probably because it is about one foot from the main bed!) but you can make your own conclusion with this nice gallery of photos from the equivalent cabin on the sister ship Koningsdam:

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/5108-koningsdam/

• Thanks 1

The inside cabins on the Pinnacle class ships are tiny. The one I visited in did have a love seat, however, but the 'arms' of the love seat are hardly attached to the rest of the piece, so can't be used to push yourself up when getting up. Or for leaning against, for that matter. 

And the TV is behind you when sitting, so you need a hand-held mirror to watch (don't even try to use closed captioning!). 

I typically book inside cabins as my preference. The Pinnacle ships are the only ones where my starting choice is a balcony cabin. 

Oh, and crystalspin is correct that the larger size cabins are the ones for the handicapped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CruisinS said:

Teeny, tiny!

N. Statendam Cabin 70177017a.thumb.JPG.ace48b696e8528a7d2e82395edaad9f4.JPG

7017b.JPG

Looks like a pretty typical inside cabin (in terms of size) as we have experienced on various ships, HAL and other lines. All inside cabins are 'tight'..

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, CruiserKris34 said:

The inside cabins are listed as 141 to 225 sf.  That is a big difference for a small cabin. Our last inside cabin on Celebrity had a loveseat area which was nice.  I booked cabin 7070 on Nieuw Statendam and in doing some YouTube views, it looks like just the bed and a desk.  Are there any larger inside cabins which are the 225 sf?  Not a huge deal, but just curious.  Thanks!  Kris

We had an inside cabin on the Rotterdam in April, very small cabin with not enough closet space. Small bathroom but the shower was OK, twice when drying myself off I hit the soap dispenser by the sink with my elbow.  My wife kept stubbing her toes on her side of the bed as the bed was only about a foot and a half from the wall. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Looks like a pretty typical inside cabin (in terms of size) as we have experienced on various ships, HAL and other lines. All inside cabins are 'tight'..

Not true. There are some very large inside cabins on some HAL ships. The Pinnacle class aren't three of those ships, though. 
If you want a large, comfortable inside cabin, you just have to know where to look. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Not true. There are some very large inside cabins on some HAL ships. The Pinnacle class aren't three of those ships, though. 
If you want a large, comfortable inside cabin, you just have to know where to look. 

Hmmmm, okay. So you're saying there aren't ANY 'large comfortable' inside cabins on any of the Pinnacle class ships?

Disappointing, since we're in an inside cabin on the NS next March, and were hoping that our cabin would be at least comfortable.

10 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Hmmmm, okay. So you're saying there aren't ANY 'large comfortable' inside cabins on any of the Pinnacle class ships?

Disappointing, since we're in an inside cabin on the NS next March, and were hoping that our cabin would be at least comfortable.

I don't know the Pinnacle Class ships well enough to be sure if there isn't one inside cabin that would be suitable. 
I do know the other ships well enough to know that there are large, comfortable inside cabins on all of them, so your statement that 'all inside cabins are tight' is not correct. Those are what I have booked for most of my 60+ HAL cruises. On a Pinnacle ship, however, I will only book a balcony or above category. The insides on a Pinnacle class ship don't offer enough room to change your mind. 

Good luck in your quest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

I don't know the Pinnacle Class ships well enough to be sure if there isn't one inside cabin that would be suitable. 

Good luck in your quest. 

Thanks, and our quest is over. The inside cabin we have booked on NS next March is more than suitable for our needs.

13 hours ago, KroozNut said:

I think there are some larger cabins midship on deck 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Damcruiser said:

I think there are some larger cabins midship on deck 1.

There are four (1111, 1115, 1124, 1128). They have more empty space but that is all: according to these photos

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1111-nieuw-statendam/

nowhere to sit but a single backless storage stool for the desk/vanity -- or the bed.

• Thanks 1