URL to view cruise searches in Calendar view instead of List view

angela12345

Looking for how to change the URL to view the available cruises in Calendar layout view instead of List view. 

By chance do you still have a window on your computer still open in calendar view that you could look and tell me what it is ?  I think I remember it was 2 parts : it had to have somewhere in the URL &layout=calendar and also there was something about the month that was being viewed I think, but I don't remember what the text format was for that part of it.

Yeh, me too. 

Sometimes its just waaaaaaay easier to look at the cruises on the calendar than have to click on show dates on. every. single. itinerary. result.

For example, friends have asked us to go on a 4-day cruise with them.  So, I'm looking for a cruise before, or after, the dates to do a back-to-back.  Much easier to see what would work with this in the calendar view !!

Edited by angela12345

1 hour ago, angela12345 said:

Yeh, me too. 

Sometimes its just waaaaaaay easier to look at the cruises on the calendar than have to click on show dates on. every. single. itinerary. result.

This is 1000 times easier when there are constraints for work or school and there are only certain weeks or a single week in a month when you can go.  Definitely going to save this.  THANKS

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

This is 1000 times easier when there are constraints for work or school and there are only certain weeks or a single week in a month when you can go.  Definitely going to save this.  THANKS

Awesome !  So happy this helped someone.   : )

On 11/2/2022 at 9:42 AM, 19cruiser59 said:

Just an FYI. If you lose or forget the url click on the search button on carnivals site and type in “deal finder”. No quotes.  And click search.   The first result should be the calendar view.   Happy Cruising!

Great tip !  I was able to easily get a friend to calendar view over the phone using this tip.  Thanks !

Looks like we ARE going to go on the 4-day Virgin Voyages cruise with the 1st friend, so coordinating with 2nd friend for them to come on Carnival cruise(s) after the 4-day.  Because ... going all the way to Miami for just four days ?!?!?  Excited to try a different cruiseline, their commercial is so cute/funny it was the final nail that convinced us, and I watched a restaurants review video, the food looks awesome !  

Edited by angela12345
  • Like 1

I know we aren't allowed to say the name, but there is a popular cruise-specific TA online that has an amazing search engine. You can search by date range, cruise line, ports of call, embarkation port, among many other variables. It can show fares by cabin type and/or price per day. I always start there and contact my PVP to book. 

• 4 months later...

Yep, the calendar is gone. I look at it almost every day. 

I used to love the fare viewer; this was the next best thing. A mock booking is so tedious to price check…

On 3/16/2023 at 8:10 PM, bigcstyle4 said:

Sadly it appears this no longer works.

Edited by violetsmile