Picking a cabin?

sandinmyshoes

I am looking at booking a Virgin Voyage.  I know it isn't going to be like traditional cruises, but can I not pick my cabin from a list of choices?  How does this work?  I want to make sure we get a terrace hammock and are not by the elevators.

Who has the best website for shopping dates and categories to find the best value?  Vacations to go is the site I usually shop, but it doesn't even have Virgin as a choice.

Edited by sandinmyshoes
Added additional question

You can pick your cabin if you call VV or you use a TA, however we are not allowed to recommend TAs here.  You will just have to look around and find someone who does represent VV or ask somewhere other than Cruise Critic.  

• Like 1

I have figured out a way to see which cabins are available on my own... It may take a little time, but you'll be able to see what all of your options are. Begin searching for a cruise by the date / itinerary first, and go all the way through until it "chooses " your particular cabin. Next, open up another browser window and do the process again. Each time you open another browser window, you'll end up with a different cabin in the particular cabin category you're looking for. Eventually you'll come across "the one"...

As above, by calling VV directly or using a TA, you can choose you cabin.  TAs can only sell VV if they have been thru the training; many of the larger agencies have not done this.  Go to a site map and choose the cabin you want, then call VV.  If that cabin is not available, there are likely nearby ones that they will recommend.

21 hours ago, sandinmyshoes said:

I am looking at booking a Virgin Voyage.  I know it isn't going to be like traditional cruises, but can I not pick my cabin from a list of choices?  How does this work?  I want to make sure we get a terrace hammock and are not by the elevators.

Who has the best website for shopping dates and categories to find the best value?  Vacations to go is the site I usually shop, but it doesn't even have Virgin as a choice.

As others have noted, you have to call into VV or a Travel Agent. I recommend a travel agent over VV, that's what we did and we always use TAs for our cruises, going back 20 years now. It costs you nothing to use a TA (good ones) and if you need changes or anything else, they are advocates on your side, not just a call center. Sadly I can't recommend some folks we know who are among the top 100 VV TAs because Cruise Critic won't allow us to do that. CC is owned by a major travel website company. 🙂 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:51 AM, WheresWalter said:

As others have noted, you have to call into VV or a Travel Agent. I recommend a travel agent over VV, that's what we did and we always use TAs for our cruises, going back 20 years now. It costs you nothing to use a TA (good ones) and if you need changes or anything else, they are advocates on your side, not just a call center. Sadly I can't recommend some folks we know who are among the top 100 VV TAs because Cruise Critic won't allow us to do that. CC is owned by a major travel website company. 🙂 

Exactly!