Question on Tauck Airport to Hotel Transfer

Roz

I have a cruise booked with Tauck for this coming December.  I booked my flights with them and am flying into 3 days early to Amsterdam.  I booked my own hotel.  Last week my TA forwarded me a packet of info from Tauck and I was surprised to see the following:

Early "Pre-Stay" Arrivals

"If you are arriving one or more days early in Amsterdam prior to the beginning of your Tauck cruise, you will receive complimentary transportation from the airport or train station to your hotel. If you are staying at the Tauck-designated "pre-stay" hotel, you will also receive transportation from the Tauck hotel to the riverboat on Day 1 of your Tauck itinerary.

If you are NOT staying at the Tauck-designated hotel, you will need to arrange your own transportation from your hotel to your Tauck riverboat on Day 1 of your Tauck itinerary. To do so, please call the riverboat's phone number on the morning of Day 1 of your Tauck cruise itinerary. We'll provide you with instructions and the exact docking location of the riverboat. Our docking locations change frequently and often aren't assigned until the riverboat's arrival."

Even though Tauck has my flight info, do you think I need to confirm with them that I want to take them up on their offer of transportation from Schiphol to my hotel?  I thought I'd ask here first, and if no one has had experience with this, I'll contact my TA.  

Yes.  Be sure to confirm with Tauck your flight info and non-Tauck hotel.  I believe there is a place for that on your account page but I think I also called Tauck just to be sure.  Back in April I arrived a week before my cruise and stayed at a non-Tauck hotel and the transportation was flawless.  We happened to be staying at The Peninsula in Paris and they were kind enough to transport us in their RR Phantom to the Tauck hotel but an Uber would have been very easy as well.

• Like 1