Question about online booking and information required please

lahore

Hi all

This is to be my first cruise with Cunard.  I booked online through the Cunard website, paid online the same way.  I entered all the information required on the Cunard website: names for two of us, addresses, passport info etc..  The website says “complete” for both of us. However today i received an email from Cunard saying that says some immigration information is missing (weird, because the cruise is from Melbourne to Melbourne for two Australians so no immigration is required).  Anyway, international waters and all I don’t mind that part, but it seems to be asking for one of us to enter a ‘State’ for our address.  There is nowhere online to enter the State.  You enter your address line, e.g., 18 whatever road and then the city and country.  So I’m confused by that.  Secondly, it’s asking me to complete a “reservation form located in the lastest Cunard brochure”.  WHAT?  What century are we in?  I’ve done everything for this cruise online and have never seen a hard copy brochure.  I’m totally gobsmacked by this email.  Has anyone got any idea what I should do with it?   As I am on a guarantee, I want to progress it.  

A3A0FDF3-67C9-4AD7-841C-D25704FC3986.jpeg

Edited by lahore

The website is full of glitches. This state business has been mentioned before, and there will be those who can advise from personal experience. I suspect you will have to ring them. In passing you could mention they should get a better web designer. The main thing is don’t worry.

• Thanks 1

This is a common problem with the US version of the web site; I hadn't noticed anyone complaining that the Australian version had it too, but it's no surprise.

In any case, it's a known problem. A phone agent should be familiar with it and can fix it promptly.

Can't help with the brochure problem.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  I’m shocked at how bad it is!  It’s really genuinely surprising that any company can exist with such a pathetic level of online presence.  

So anyway i phoned them this morning and got someone in the Phillipines who was just regurgitating corporate training speak.  It seems I am to “not worry” (makes my blood boil, if they want us to “not worry” then stop sending pointless threatening emails), and it will all be solved.  I am to expect an email reversing what I was told on the previous email, but the service person did not seem to understand that that was any sort of problem.  “Have a wonderful day…..”.   Grrrr

I received the notice when I was having trouble getting the emergency contact information to save (US booking) - probably related to state name/identification. Calling Cunard solved it. I tried contacting my travel agent and he called me and said they actually couldn't access that part of the booking and I was best off calling Cunard on my own. They answered immediately and fixed my issue.