Live from Arcadia

silkworms

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

silkworms was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

On the way back from a Greek Island cruise on Arcadia. Somewhere in the Med at the moment below the Balearics. This cruise has been delightful and Arcadia is in good condition. I know there were problems earlier in the year but they have been addressed and the maintenance is excellent, both inside and out. The food has not been exceptional but very acceptable. Always something on the menu to suit most people. The usual salmon, chicken and steak now incorporated within the main menu but an additional chef’s selection is on the other page of the menu.

Breakfast in the MDR has been very slow service so we have actually used the buffet much more than normal. Everything is hot and tasty.

Do not normally use the buffet at all but the menu seems to have been really improved.

Entertainment hit and miss, really good comedian/impressionist, think Mike Yarwood, the Headliners pretty good, did not see the harpist or singer from ELO but good reports from both.

Visited Ocean Grill twice, excellent, Sindhu not yet open.  Loads and loads of sun loungers, no problems on deck whatsoever.

So anyone sailing on Arcadia shortly, you will love it.  

It has taken three attempts to forward this thread so, as usual, the wifi is completely unreliable!

Have taken several P and O excursions and only one was disappointing (Palermo) the others were very good indeed.

Terri

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, silkworms said:

On the way back from a Greek Island cruise on Arcadia. Somewhere in the Med at the moment below the Balearics. This cruise has been delightful and Arcadia is in good condition. I know there were problems earlier in the year but they have been addressed and the maintenance is excellent, both inside and out. The food has not been exceptional but very acceptable. Always something on the menu to suit most people. The usual salmon, chicken and steak now incorporated within the main menu but an additional chef’s selection is on the other page of the menu.

Breakfast in the MDR has been very slow service so we have actually used the buffet much more than normal. Everything is hot and tasty.

Do not normally use the buffet at all but the menu seems to have been really improved.

Entertainment hit and miss, really good comedian/impressionist, think Mike Yarwood, the Headliners pretty good, did not see the harpist or singer from ELO but good reports from both.

Visited Ocean Grill twice, excellent, Sindhu not yet open.  Loads and loads of sun loungers, no problems on deck whatsoever.

So anyone sailing on Arcadia shortly, you will love it.  

It has taken three attempts to forward this thread so, as usual, the wifi is completely unreliable!

Have taken several P and O excursions and only one was disappointing (Palermo) the others were very good indeed.

Terri

I agree it has been a very enjoyable cruise, so far. Food has been good and plenty of service staff around. I have not been on P&O for 7 years and after reading some postings was not expecting much but have been pleasantly surprised. No mention of you know what but there must be some by law of statistics must be some. Neptune food bar is not open and pub does not serve pub grub (I’m not sure if it did before lockdown?) but gives a lack of options for lunch.

Although our waitress in the mdr seems to think that the meal is a relay race and whips the plate out of your hand as you put your fork down, last night my wife had a prawn cocktail and she still had the brown bread in her hand and the plate was gone ! We have told her to slow down but can’t help herself it’s become a bit of a table amusement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for the update.

Is it still freezing cold in the bars at night ?

Some areas of the ship are colder than others but I prefer being cool to hot. If I am cold I can put something on but if warm I can’t strip down to my briefs, we’ll I could but I would be given a warning!! We have our cabin thermostat on minimum which gives us about 21c.

• Haha 2