Boarding time and Sindhu

Son of Bare

Can someone please advise what time boarding begins for upper tier and other priority passengers departing from Southampton. Particularly for Arcadia and Aurora should it be ship specific.

The Sindhu on Arcadia is currently closed according to a poster blogging on another thread. Does anyone have a firm idea of which cruise it will re-open?

On 11/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, Son of Bare said:

Can someone please advise what time boarding begins for upper tier and other priority passengers departing from Southampton. Particularly for Arcadia and Aurora should it be ship specific.

The Sindhu on Arcadia is currently closed according to a poster blogging on another thread. Does anyone have a firm idea of which cruise it will re-open?

Boarding usually from midday.

Hole in the wall for luggage usually open from 1130

On 11/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, Son of Bare said:

I'm on Aurora in 9 days. Our boarding time is 12:15pm. I'm expecting our cruise on Arcadia to be about the same. Just confirming what SoA said really.

Sindhu was open on the last Aurora cruise before the current one (R215) until about 9 days in of an 18 night cruise.   It is shut this cruise.  There are chef shortages and they are being redeployed to the main restaurants.   So there seems to be no ‘reopen’ date and that is it.  It is very fluid. 

Our boarding time was 12.15 but boarding commenced late for all.  There was then a much longer wait than usual as Ligurian, then Baltic boarded.  Over half of passengers were Caribbean tier or above and the ship was full so the numbers in those tiers were higher than usual and that took longer.  It was around 1.30 I think when we actually got on board.  

13 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Sindhu was open on the last Aurora cruise before the current one (R215) until about 9 days in of an 18 night cruise.   It is shut this cruise.  There are chef shortages and they are being redeployed to the main restaurants.   So there seems to be no ‘reopen’ date and that is it.  It is very fluid. 

Our boarding time was 12.15 but boarding commenced late for all.  There was then a much longer wait than usual as Ligurian, then Baltic boarded.  Over half of passengers were Caribbean tier or above and the ship was full so the numbers in those tiers were higher than usual and that took longer.  It was around 1.30 I think when we actually got on board.  

It's a shame about Sindhu, as I'm on Aurora's Caribbean cruise departing 11th November. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it reopens. If chefs with knowledge of Indian food are being redeployed to the MDRs, perhaps that will result in more or better Indian dishes on the menu. Probably unlikely, but I can hope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jh1809 said:

It's a shame about Sindhu, as I'm on Aurora's Caribbean cruise departing 11th November. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it reopens. If chefs with knowledge of Indian food are being redeployed to the MDRs, perhaps that will result in more or better Indian dishes on the menu. Probably unlikely, but I can hope.

The chef in Sindhu on the cruise we came off on Sunday had to go home due to family issues. The glass house was open but only in the evening

Edited by daiB

41 minutes ago, daiB said:

The chef in Sindhu on the cruise we came off on Sunday had to go home due to family issues. The glass house was open but only in the evening

Hi. Same cruise. Apparently they was what someone heard but someone in my earshot directly asked the person in charge of our disembarkation area and he said that was not the case and it was due to redeployment.   Also, the Glass House told us they would not be open for food this time either. It is a shame as we ate in the Glass House/Sindhu every evening and this would have significantly  affected our enjoyment of the cruise. 

31 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Hi. Same cruise. Apparently they was what someone heard but someone in my earshot directly asked the person in charge of our disembarkation area and he said that was not the case and it was due to redeployment.   Also, the Glass House told us they would not be open for food this time either. It is a shame as we ate in the Glass House/Sindhu every evening and this would have significantly  affected our enjoyment of the cruise. 

Can I ask what you mean by, "next time"?  Does that refer to the current cruise, or has anyone said they will remain closed for the Caribbean cruise starting on the 11th.  We will be very disappointed if they are still closed them given the long time we will be spending at sea.

Can I also ask if you know how freedom dining is working on Aurora, since we recently came off Azura when it was taking ages to get into the mdr and when we did it was pretty chaotic at times?  Hence we mainly ate in Sindu, The Glass House or the self service in the evenings, though we did enjoy some good lunches in the Mdr.

18 minutes ago, tring said:

Can I ask what you mean by, "next time"?  Does that refer to the current cruise, or has anyone said they will remain closed for the Caribbean cruise starting on the 11th.  We will be very disappointed if they are still closed them given the long time we will be spending at sea.

Can I also ask if you know how freedom dining is working on Aurora, since we recently came off Azura when it was taking ages to get into the mdr and when we did it was pretty chaotic at times?  Hence we mainly ate in Sindu, The Glass House or the self service in the evenings, though we did enjoy some good lunches in the Mdr.

Sorry that means this current cruise.  Not the 11th.  I’m not sure they currently even know if things will change during the current cruise as it is do fluid. I didn’t try the freedom dining main dining room for dinner but hopefully others can assist.  We did have breakfast and lunch in the mdr when not off ship all day. We were usually one of the first in, with great service.  

16 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Sorry that means this current cruise.  Not the 11th.  I’m not sure they currently even know if things will change during the current cruise as it is do fluid. I didn’t try the freedom dining main dining room for dinner but hopefully others can assist.  We did have breakfast and lunch in the mdr when not off ship all day. We were usually one of the first in, with great service.  

Thanks, we will just hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies.

We are classed as priority passengers for Arcadia cruise J221 and have been given a boarding time of 13.00. I wondered, given it probably won't be at full occupancy, if this time is still classed as priority.

The Sindhu is almost a must have for us. Dining options on Arcadia are limited as they are for a 40 nighter, without closure of one of the two additional select eateries. Fingers crossed PO also see it that way and prioritise a chef or two for it.