Tracking drinks ordered on Celebrity app?

traveltomorrow

1 hour ago, someguyfl said:

Nope… they told me what they made per drink served to someone with or without a package. It was less with a package, but they can serve much more to people with packages just by asking if people want another. 

Lol, well, all I can say is if that is true then it's a pretty stupid move on celebrity's part. 

And also stupid on the bartenders' part because I've never seen them rushing to fill drink orders 😀

13 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Lol, well, all I can say is if that is true then it's a pretty stupid move on celebrity's part. 

And also stupid on the bartenders' part because I've never seen them rushing to fill drink orders 😀

Many of those bartenders are also looking for extra cash tips so keeping us happy works for them.  On the Solstice, the bartender at the World Class bar was so amazing, we did give him an envelope with an extra cash tip along with the bartender at the Encore Lounge and the waiter in Murano.

7 minutes ago, Lisah101 said:

Many of those bartenders are also looking for extra cash tips so keeping us happy works for them.  On the Solstice, the bartender at the World Class bar was so amazing, we did give him an envelope with an extra cash tip along with the bartender at the Encore Lounge and the waiter in Murano.

Oh yeah that makes perfect sense and I've done the same for a bartender I feel goes out of their way. But that's a completely different thing than X paying them for drinks they get no revenue on.

So you can calculate if the drink package would have saved you money - but......... I found that when I have the drink package, it influences my behavior.  I had the premium package last time and it was wonderful.  Yes I drank more than I usually do but it was so worth it to not worry about what price a drink was and signing those damn receipts.  The sunset bar had us as number 7 on "speed dial" they called it.  I do have a spreadsheet that I created from my last cruise.  I guessed at some of the prices because I didn't really pay attention with the premium package.  (FYI the sunset bar was for malibu rum and pineapple juice which I can drink all day without getting intoxicated).  Without the premium package I probably would have drank less becuase I'm not thrilled with the brands on the classic plan.

image.png.377c765c2cb780b24fd9565839c0f984.png

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, traveltomorrow said:

If I have the drink package would I be able to see all the  drinks I ordered, using the Celebrity app?

Not all of our drinks have showed up with the 0. We could go to martini bar and have two each and only one of us has a single $0 charge. 

On 11/4/2022 at 10:12 AM, someguyfl said:

Nope… they told me what they made per drink served to someone with or without a package. It was less with a package, but they can serve much more to people with packages just by asking if people want another. 

That would be very weird if that was true. Unless the amount is so low like a nickel a drink, that it doesn't influence the servers' behavior.

On my last cruise, I became a regular with several of the bartenders. With a couple of exceptions, they didn't even bother to enter my drinks after I became their regular (as seen on the app). Knowing that it wouldn't cost me anything, they would have entered the drinks if it would result in financial benefit to them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisNY2 said:

That would be very weird if that was true. Unless the amount is so low like a nickel a drink, that it doesn't influence the servers' behavior.

On my last cruise, I became a regular with several of the bartenders. With a couple of exceptions, they didn't even bother to enter my drinks after I became their regular (as seen on the app). Knowing that it wouldn't cost me anything, they would have entered the drinks if it would result in financial benefit to them. 

My conversation was with a sommelier at a restaurant. The amount was something like $1 per drink. I don’t recall exactly.