Miniatur Wunderland

Lyndylou57

image.thumb.png.d398446458e687603bb861e378f417f2.png

- the new cruise center is kinda out of the way .....

- MW is only 1.5 miles BUT there is no way to get there 'straight line'

- there are OTHER places your cruise could park . . .

it IS worth the effort to visit IMO ... we planned to spend an hour or two and had to pull ourselves out after 4 .... could have spent all day!

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

Admittedly we went Jan 2019, but, the coach shuttle dropped us at the Rathaus (we went with Cunard), and from there, it was a 15-20 minute walk out to Miniatur Wunderland.  We got a taxi on the way back I think but I cannot recall how much (wasn't expensive though I don't think).

As Capt_BJ said, it's definitely worth it, we killed hours in there, there are so many little things to spot, little models up to no good especially made me laugh!  It gets very busy though, and admittedly we went pre-covid, so they may have changed their rules.  I took hundreds of photos, though for what I've never know, the place just fascinated me!

Enjoy!

Edited by MaraHornraven
Added cruise line in case it makes a difference!
  • Like 1

p.s. even before COVID WM used a controlled entry process to avoid over crowding. I just looked at the web site and the wait time was 120 minutes for a walk up!!!!  You CAN buy 'no wait' tickets in advance via the web site ..... When we went we arrived pretty soon after they opened for the day - walk up - and had a wait of about 40 minutes as I recall ..... fortunately there were seats in their concession area for us ....   https://www.miniatur-wunderland.de/besuch/tickets/#/buchung/

We were in Hamburg last summer - a land trip, not a cruise. The available bookable entry times all appeared to be at or near opening time and were generally two or more days in advance. Walk-ups were not being accepted at all on the one day we went by and, according to another guest at our hotel, were given a 2+ hour wait on another. 

This was the height of tourist season and apparently our trip coincided with a bank holiday, so the crowds were unusually large. Might be better at other times, but I have no experience other than the one trip.