Just off Oasis - Ask any Questions and Thoughts about Connecting Balcony Room

Jcol5786

We were on Oasis last week which was her last cruise out of NJ for this season. We had a wonderful time. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer them. One interesting thing for us is that we had booked a guaranteed balcony and received a room overlooking Central Park. We've stayed in this type of room before and were happy when it was assigned. My wife put in a bid for an upgrade and 2 days before the cruise we were notified that our bid had been accepted and our new room was an ocean view balcony on deck 9. We were happy with this room as well however we also noticed that it was a connecting room. We have never stayed in a connecting room so I was a little concerned about noise coming through. When we got to the room it seemed to me that there was more usable space in it then in a non-connected room. In this room the bed was closest to the balcony. The sofa has been replaced with a single tub chair which was very comfortable. The remaining open space between the bed/chair to the closet included the connecting door. This really opened up the area in front of the closet which we liked.

As for additional noise I think there was a little more noise coming through however our neighbors were good and at no time was noise a problem. One thing I found strange is that occasionally the handle on the connecting door would move because someone from next door was trying it. I think the neighbors had some kids who probably were doing this. I had assumed that there were 2 doors between each room like in some hotels I have stayed in so I also assumed that the door on the neighbor's side had been left unlocked allowing them access to the other side of our door. I mentioned this to our room steward and asked that he lock the door on the neighbor's side. He indicated that there were not two doors but just a single door between the rooms which explained why the handle is accessible from both sides. All in all we liked the connecting room for the additional space but with the wrong neighbor's I suspect that noise might be an issue especially if there is only a single door separating the rooms. We certainly enjoyed our ocean view balcony as the weather was great and we were out on our balcony enjoying the ocean view quite a bit so the upgrade was worth it.

• Like 2

Considering same cruise next year as the flight is 1.5 hrs to Newark from Toronto,as opposed to 3 hrs to Florida.

Did an Anthem cruise once from Bayonne  and didnt care for the ship or Atlantic crossing to Bermuda .

18 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

We sail in 2 weeks. What show is onboard?

Cats is the main production show in the theater. Aqua80 is the show in the Aqua theater. There was an additional show in the main theater which was a tribute to Whitney Houston which we had seen before.