Installing and using the Virgin Voyages Sailor App

misguy

23 minutes ago, ConSolo said:

Oh, and it locks up on you, turn your phone off and back on.

another tip that's seemed to work is to quit other RAM intensive apps (facebook, instagram, reddit, etc.) and reopen the app.  just got off a back to back and seems the vv app is a little more stable and functional now.  chats actually go through now!  we had a couple voyages where we could see inbound chats in our iphone notifications, but they'd just freeze the app when trying to open!

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to make dinner reservations for a cruise next month. There are 4 of us in 3 cabins (which should be linked, although two are guarantees and not assigned yet), I choose party of 4 on the app, but then it will only make the reservation for the two of us in one cabin, and the only way I can see to add someone else is to scan their QR code. Is this just hopeless (I mean the app gets REALLY bad reviews in the Apple Store) and should I call Virgin? Can my Travel Agent do this too?

1 hour ago, gordiej said:

Trying to make dinner reservations for a cruise next month. There are 4 of us in 3 cabins (which should be linked, although two are guarantees and not assigned yet), I choose party of 4 on the app, but then it will only make the reservation for the two of us in one cabin, and the only way I can see to add someone else is to scan their QR code. Is this just hopeless (I mean the app gets REALLY bad reviews in the Apple Store) and should I call Virgin? Can my Travel Agent do this too?

The app is awful.  Yes, you can make dinner reservations before a cabin is assigned by calling VV or by having your travel agent deal with the hopeless phone lines for you.  They also have a special travel agent web site that might work better.  We were able to request a table for 4 without naming the other 2, so if I can do it with no name, you should be able to do it with no cabin number!