App Availability

Teddy123

Yes - as far as I understand it is fleet wide. 

However a word of caution from our experience in August on Arcadia. We found it to be very temperamental with the connection dropping out repeatedly as we moved around the ship. We also found that it never worked when we were in our cabin.

That made it extremely difficult to join any virtual queue for a dinner reservation as you have to keep the booking page active the whole time you are waiting so that they can alert you when a table is available.

Having read other posts on the topic it appears that the older ships (Arcadia an Aurora) have a lot more metal in their construction in the passenger areas and this apparently makes it difficult to achieve a consistent WiFi signal.

So if you are sailing on either of the above ships then be prepared to be frustrated on a daily basis. I found that if I wanted to do anything important on the App I had to find a location with good WiFi (in this case the LIbrary) and just sit there until the job was done.

The older ships need many miles of additional cabling installed to cover dead spots in the onboard WiFI coverage. For Example Marella Explorer had over 60km of data cabling and 650 WiFi hot spots installed during her 2018 refit. In 2019 Marella Explorer2 had over 70km of data cable installed. Aurora and Arcadia may need this level of investment if P&O intend to keep them?

3 hours ago, Teddy123 said:

A quick question: is the app available across the whole P&O fleet? (I assume if it is, it's identical on each ship). Thanks.

It isn’t an app but a captive webpage that the ship’s WiFi serves whenever you connect to it. 

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The older ships need many miles of additional cabling installed to cover dead spots in the onboard WiFI coverage. For Example Marella Explorer had over 60km of data cabling and 650 WiFi hot spots installed during her 2018 refit. In 2019 Marella Explorer2 had over 70km of data cable installed. Aurora and Arcadia may need this level of investment if P&O intend to keep them?

Apparently didn't go into QE and QV which are basically Arcadia in other clothing.  The "new" wifi on them isn't ver good either. Assumedly those two are being kept so if they didn't qualify not much hope for poor Aurora and Arcadia.

We were on Azura recently and app coverage very bad.  Could only join a virtual queue in the atrium area and dropped out each time we tried it.  We were told we had to stay in the atrium or nearby but even going into Brodie's did not work.  The second time we tried it dropped out even when solely within the shopping area of the atrium.  Only time it worked was if sitting in one position and did not move at all, though even then could drop out.

Also you can alegedly book speciality restaurants, but the Glass House cannot be booked via the app, yet it constantly said it was fully booked throughout.  Other restaurants said fully booked for most dates/times, yet if you asked at the restaurants there was some availability.

Only use is to book some slots well ahead of time if showing availability.  When booked the bookings do show on the app so acts as a reminder.  Glasshouse bookings took longer to appear as needs to be entered by the restaurant manager whe.she has time.  Poor lady was constantly busy making new future bookings during meal times, so can take a while to be seated when you arrive for your meal.

Theatre can also be booked on app.

6 hours ago, Teddy123 said:

Thanks for the info.  I found the app (and I understand it's not really an app) useful on Ventura and was hoping for the same on Arcadia - but perhaps not!

23 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Apparently didn't go into QE and QV which are basically Arcadia in other clothing.  The "new" wifi on them isn't ver good either. Assumedly those two are being kept so if they didn't qualify not much hope for poor Aurora and Arcadia.

Absolutely no problems with the "App" on Aurora in June this year.