Free At Sea Included Drink Package Question

Tys Mom

Last year I booked a Greek Island cruise with NCL that included the Free At Sea drink package.  After booking, I discovered that they were unable to honor the drink package while in port.  

I am now booked on the Sky in the fall of 2023, with stops in Key West, Cozumel and Great Stirrup Cay.  Should I expect drink package restrictions while onboard in these ports?

TIA

16 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

Last year I booked a Greek Island cruise with NCL that included the Free At Sea drink package.  After booking, I discovered that they were unable to honor the drink package while in port.  

I am now booked on the Sky in the fall of 2023, with stops in Key West, Cozumel and Great Stirrup Cay.  Should I expect drink package restrictions while onboard in these ports?

TIA

No restrictions. Your drinks package even works on GSC. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

TIA

You were unlucky in that your cruise was one a very small number that had this issue, which was due to some restrictions imposed by the Greek authorities. For a short period of time some cruises were affected in different ways.

It was a very unusual situation that shouldn’t affect you again.

Out of interest, what cruise was it that you were on, and when? The main problem was on the Jade around Easter this year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Out of interest, what cruise was it that you were on, and when? The main problem was on the Jade around Easter this year.

We were booked on the Gem out of Venice, sailing last month.  Unfortunately,  we had to cancel.  

21 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

We were booked on the Gem out of Venice, sailing last month.  Unfortunately,  we had to cancel.  

In that case you wouldn’t have had a problem on the Gem either. The last that I heard was that in Greek ports you could only get drinks if you had the package. There are no restrictions now if you do have the package.