Various Silly Questions (qm2 grills and such)

DanielleFaye

Hi I'm mostly managing my anxiety about my upcoming trip (38 days!) but info gathering helps calm me momentarily so -

Big worries:

1.  My flight through cunard air isn't ticketed yet, according to the airlines, is that anything to get on their case about since it's supposed to be at 45 days?

2.  Still can't get that "special services" statement out of my cunard agent, but she says that if I bring along the email where she said she'd applied my drinks/gratuitites promo to my bookings it should be fine (email also has a note about the system being glitchy at the time).  That likely true or is she just putting me off?

More fun stuff:

3.  Husband likes prime rib as his choice of steak, does that show up on the rotating menu and is it best to just get it then, or is that something we could special order in the queen's grill?  

4.  Are the sodas for the in room mini bar coke or pepsi products or kind of what you like?  Are they the kind from the UK with less sugar by default?  I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners well.

5.  Do the "less sugar" desserts just have less sugar or do they use artificial sweeteners?

6.  Any classes like fencing or watercolor that I might want to plan to look out for? 

7.  We're on back to back bookings - can we schedule activities for our second sailing during our first?

8: Oh yeah one more - what kind of canapes do they bring to the room?  Can you ask for specific things?

Thank you!  I appreciate all the knowledge people have been sharing!

Edited by DanielleFaye

5 minutes ago, DanielleFaye said:

Hi I'm mostly managing my anxiety about my upcoming trip (38 days!) but info gathering helps calm me momentarily so -

Big worries:

1.  My flight through cunard air isn't ticketed yet, according to the airlines, is that anything to get on their case about since it's supposed to be at 45 days?

2.  Still can't get that "special services" statement out of my cunard agent, but she says that if I bring along the email where she said she'd applied my drinks/gratuitites promo to my bookings it should be fine (email also has a note about the system being glitchy at the time).  That likely true or is she just putting me off?

More fun stuff:

3.  Husband likes prime rib as his choice of steak, does that show up on the rotating menu and is it best to just get it then, or is that something we could special order in the queen's grill?  

4.  Are the sodas for the in room mini bar coke or pepsi products or kind of what you like?  Are they the kind from the UK with less sugar by default?  I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners well.

5.  Do the "less sugar" desserts just have less sugar or do they use artificial sweeteners?

6.  Any classes like fencing or watercolor that I might want to plan to look out for? 

7.  We're on back to back bookings - can we schedule activities for our second sailing during our first?

Firstly, please remember it is just a holiday. Out of the iceberg season, at any rate, it should not be causing you anxiety.

1. Not from personal experience, but I would chase up the flights, just to encourage them. But it will be fine.

2. I would pursue your TA over this. I’m sure it will be fine, but I would want to be sure before I step on board. Incidentally, why isn’t s/he chasing up your flights for you? Isn’t that what TAs are for?

3. Prime rib might get lost in translation. Is it rib eye, sirloin? They have both of those. If in doubt, ask.

4. I only really know about tonic, but have had Schweppes, Britvic, and Fevertree in my cabin randomly on the same trip. None of them were the low sugar version.

5. I suspect artificial sweeteners, but I don’t know.

6. Both fencing, and particularly watercolour classes are,highly spoken of.

Remember you are going to have a great time, so stop worrying. If worrying is required, your TA is paid to do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

2. I would pursue your TA over this. I’m sure it will be fine, but I would want to be sure before I step on board. Incidentally, why isn’t s/he chasing up your flights for you? Isn’t that what TAs are for?

Remember you are going to have a great time, so stop worrying. If worrying is required, your TA is paid to do it.

Unfortunately I've asked her like three times to get me something official on the drinks and she promises and it keeps just...not happening. Asked about the flights on Monday and no follow up yet, don't know if I'm expecting too much.  She's very nice and promises to do things when I talk to her but then just radio silence until I call again.  I don't want to come off like a nag but it's a little frustrating.  I know I'm just a little overly nervous so I'm worried that's coloring my expectations.

10 minutes ago, DanielleFaye said:

Unfortunately I've asked her like three times to get me something official on the drinks and she promises and it keeps just...not happening. Asked about the flights on Monday and no follow up yet, don't know if I'm expecting too much.  She's very nice and promises to do things when I talk to her but then just radio silence until I call again.  I don't want to come off like a nag but it's a little frustrating.  I know I'm just a little overly nervous so I'm worried that's coloring my expectations.

Well, the flight to get you there to pick up your ship is pretty essential, so I think daily polite pressure is required. Almost make a joke of it, but make sure you are at the front of her mind. 😀

15 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Also, I might possibly employ a different TA the next time.

Ha ha it's just the agent/contact/"Cruise Vacation Planner" assigned to me by Cunard which I thought would work smoothly - it worked pretty smoothly on Carnival.   Not even sure how I'd get a different one of those.  And she is nice, and maybe she's working hard and just not getting answers herself.  🤔

The range of fridge sodas are quite wide, from 7 up to mixers. Can't attest to  sweeteners as I've never looked.

Prime Rib

If it doesn't appear on the menus and withdrawal symptoms are beginning to hit, just ask the Head Waiter the night before the full blown need will arise.

Seriously, just ask. 

Same on here, nothing is too silly a question although if it really is silly, you might get some interesting answers. 😁

• Thanks 1

In room canapes

The default is very underwhelming. I have had sushi, satay, fruit platter, not all on the same plate obviously, so again, just ask the butler.

In fact, ask the butler anything you're not sure of. That's what he/she is there for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DanielleFaye said:

Big worries:

More fun stuff:

8: Oh yeah one more - what kind of canapes do they bring to the room?  Can you ask for specific things?

2. If your agent is a Cunard employee and she has sent you an email (from Cunard) confirming she has applied your drinks package/promos etc, why not just take a copy of that email on board and show the pursers desk, if there is any problem once you get there? That's what I would do.

4. It's my belief that you can request any of the soft drinks they have on board for your cabin fridge including your preference of still or sparkling water. They do have Coca Cola; not sure if they also stock Pepsi. Just let your butler know your preference. (Heads up - he or she will be very busy in the hours after you board so keep some of these more minor details for a little later in the day. You will find a form in your cabin to fill out specifying which alcoholic drinks you would like).

5.  I've had the low sugar desserts on occasion. I don't believe they use artifical sweeteners in them; I think they are just low sugar. I'm sure your waiter would be able to clarify for you by specific menu item.

7. Depends what you mean by 'schedule'. Do you mean book in for classes being held on the next voyage? I shouldn't think you could do that.

How long is your trip in total?