Is VeriFLY app absolutely necessary for P&O?

Jandex

Hi. Hoping to get some info from anyone who has sailed P&O recently. 
My extended family is sailing together on P&O later this week. Some of us have already downloaded and updated info on VeriFLY app. Is it necessary for those who haven’t yet done so? Even if they have vax certificates etc. Or is it necessary for the health declaration you need to complete the day before? 
Many thanks! 

19 minutes ago, Jandex said:

Hi. Hoping to get some info from anyone who has sailed P&O recently. 
My extended family is sailing together on P&O later this week. Some of us have already downloaded and updated info on VeriFLY app. Is it necessary for those who haven’t yet done so? Even if they have vax certificates etc. Or is it necessary for the health declaration you need to complete the day before? 
Many thanks! 

No it is not a requirement to board have done it with the app and without . Sometimes they still wanted to see the certificates so what is the point ? 

I know that when we cruised in August, we were asked if we had Verifly ready to go and when we answered yes, we were directed to a much shorter line and got processed much quicker than those that didn't have it, so I guess it is not necessary, but may be advantageous?

Thank you all for your info.   If VeriFLY is not necessary it will take the pressure off some of my family members. 
Crazy they have all these procedures in place, upping travellers’ stress levels - and then don’t enforce them. 
Happy sailing everyone! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jandex said:

Thank you all for your info.   If VeriFLY is not necessary it will take the pressure off some of my family members. 
Crazy they have all these procedures in place, upping travellers’ stress levels - and then don’t enforce them. 
Happy sailing everyone! 

Those rules are enforced in the background.

VeriFLY was essential to report your vaxx status well in advance of boarding, as there was a 95% vaccinated rule, and the cruise lines needed to confirm those so they could allocate spots to the 5% (mostly unvaxxed children under 12).

That 95% rule has gone by the wayside, so VeriFLY serves no purpose other than to speed-up everybody's check-in experience. If nobody uses it, it will be a slow day boarding 3500 passengers.

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Those rules are enforced in the background.

VeriFLY was essential to report your vaxx status well in advance of boarding, as there was a 95% vaccinated rule, and the cruise lines needed to confirm those so they could allocate spots to the 5% (mostly unvaxxed children under 12).

That 95% rule has gone by the wayside, so VeriFLY serves no purpose other than to speed-up everybody's check-in experience. If nobody uses it, it will be a slow day boarding 3500 passengers.

That makes sense that it’s used behind the scenes. 
thanks.