Royal Babies and Tots Strategy?

We are sailing the on the Harmony next week (hip hip hurray)!!!   This is our first time sailing with our DD 34 month old.  So she just missing adventure ocean and will be in the royal babies and tot room. 

Does anyone have any tips for how to manage your cruise with a little?  Any good strategies with how to book times for the daycare?   Ideally we’d like some nights to get a fancy dinner and see a show together, and maybe spend a few hours in the solarium for a few hours on a day or two.  

We are going on a 8 night cruise. How many hours can we book?  

Your 34 month old 😂 Aka, your (basically) 3 year old, or, your toddler whose 2 months shy of being 3. I'm sorry I couldn't resist 😂

I've heard people say that you need to line up right away on the first day in case there's a lot of kids on board. I never used adventure ocean. My daughter was 2 years old when I first sailed with her, and at that time, 2 was too young to use adventure ocean in any capacity, but it sounds like that's changed to some degree.

She's 248 months now, so she's still too young to fully utilize all the ship has to offer.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, melnemac32 said:

We are sailing the on the Harmony next week (hip hip hurray)!!!   This is our first time sailing with our DD 34 month old.  So she just missing adventure ocean and will be in the royal babies and tot room. 

Does anyone have any tips for how to manage your cruise with a little?  Any good strategies with how to book times for the daycare?   Ideally we’d like some nights to get a fancy dinner and see a show together, and maybe spend a few hours in the solarium for a few hours on a day or two.  

We are going on a 8 night cruise. How many hours can we book?  

They will be closed for a stretch of time during dinner hours.  At least they were on our last cruise in May.  You may need to feed your child and the try to eat later in your own.  Kind of a pain.  

How much you can use them will vary by how many under 3 are onboard.  I think you can reserve some times, but not all week at once.  Not sure and it may vary again on head count is under 3 age group.   Remember, there is a modest charge of 6-8$ per hour.  

Note: if they cry and don’t stop they will call you after about 15-20 minutes and ask you to come get your child.  Not all kids do well in that environment.  Ours did not like it and our night out alone was over quite quickly.  There already in a strange place so it wasn’t like at home going to kids club at places we know.  Our kids (3 of them over the years) have never like the ship’s nursery.  But the nursery is very nice.   

I would definitely have back up plans like having your child sleep in the stroller while you are out and about.  

I loved cruising with my lil ones.  But it is very different than doing it without kids.