Table near rail in main dining room

Lots of them and should be pretty easy to request.I didn’t prefer that area b/c you constantly have wait staff & people walking by you the whole meal. You can email rcldining@rccl.com your request. I requested a table  for 2 by the window about 3 wks. prior to sailing and heard back from then within a few days. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Joyfulcruiset said:

I know tables for 2 can be really close together. Are there any tables for 2 around the railing in the main dining room? If so how difficult might it be to get one?

they gave is one a couple of cruises ago, we checked the location when we boarded, but when we showed up for dinner the first night, they had given it to another couple (who said they preferred the location to what they had been assigned!!) we have not used the MDR ever since

Which ship?  Recent passengers might give you more specific info or pics.

Many ships have tables for two at the rail, though on our recent Mariner cruise there did not seem to be tables for two by the rail that had a view to the lower dining room.  There were some tables for two by secondary railing that lacked a view to the lower dining room.

There another trade off you might wish to consider before making you request.  While typically you do not have another table close to you, on some ships you may find there is a lot of foot traffic past your table at the railing (passengers and waitstaff).  Some people dislike all that activity and foot traffic near their table.  Others do not mind or perhaps enjoy a bit of people watching. 

Agree this is a busy area, lots of people running by you during the meal, but it's good for people watching and you are not too close to other diners. If you want a tranquil table this is not it.

Edited by marci22

We have enjoyed a 2 top along the rail several times over the years.    I enjoy looking over the rail  to the lower dining room and people watching.     Depending on the ship some of the tables along the rail will still have tables next to you and can make it difficult to get to your table or when leaving with everyone else seated.