First NCL Suite - Butler Service

Nilbog

26 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The cutlery in the room was not replaced when they took it.

We had food in the fridge and wanted to eat it.  Simple call became a fiasco. I highly doubt the butler is busy at 2am. 

24 hour is 24 hour!

They also won't ring the doorbell so if we are on the balcony we can't hear it.

I highly doubt that those who are 6am to 10pm have to wait so long to get such simple requests done.

We are 3am to 11am.

Totally useless as no butler showed up. Another department eventually did. Like I stated before, it's the main customer service desk that answers.

I also got a  voicemail on the last night reminding me of the debarkation procedure and that concierge, butler, and youth staff are not part of the pool.

You expected your actual butler to get up in the middle of the night? They probably work 16 hour days as it is. We always tipped the youth staff, no butler for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

You expected your actual butler to get up in the middle of the night? They probably work 16 hour days as it is. We always tipped the youth staff, no butler for us.

What part of 24 hour Butler service am I missing?

I don't care which butler comes as long as one comes.

If it's from 6am to 12 midnight then say so. 

So is NCL lying when they say 24 hours?

When they sleep is not my problem. When I request service is their call to action.

15 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

When they sleep is not my problem. When I request service is their call to action.

Really?

15 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So let's manage expectations here for a moment...

Most people are awake and potentially in need of butler/room service attention during the hours of 6am - 11pm. You have indicated that you choose an alternative lifestyle that is maintained while cruising that has you awake and potentially in need of service during the hours of (I don't recall exactly, so don't bite my throat and suck my blood if I'm mistaken) 11pm - 6am.

You're expecting there to be 2 separate butlers scheduled to work and cover every Haven category room around the clock? So that when you request a knife and coffee pods at 3am the person delivering them is dressed as a "butler" and not a "janitor"?

I'm honestly just trying to understand the specifics that you're upset about. Was it the perceived long delay in responding to your late night requests, or the fact that when they were addressed they weren't done so by someone who dressed the part?

Not sure if it was your first time in the Haven on NCL, but coming in with expectations of "this is how it's done on MSC" is unfair. That's like me going on a non-Oasis class ship with RCC and expecting the suite experience to be similar to NCL's Haven and writing a grumpy gram because they were different. That's the beauty of these boards, is that folks can dig and poke and get an idea of what should be a 'normal' experience so that when they have something different happen (not receiving coffee pods for 2 days, not getting things you requested multiple times) - folks know the right person to go to for it to be resolved while on board (the concierge) instead of wasting a 21 day trip being grumpy over the janitor delivering coffee pods.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

So let's manage expectations here for a moment...

Most people are awake and potentially in need of butler/room service attention during the hours of 6am - 11pm. You have indicated that you choose an alternative lifestyle that is maintained while cruising that has you awake and potentially in need of service during the hours of (I don't recall exactly, so don't bite my throat and suck my blood if I'm mistaken) 11pm - 6am.

You're expecting there to be 2 separate butlers scheduled to work and cover every Haven category room around the clock? So that when you request a knife and coffee pods at 3am the person delivering them is dressed as a "butler" and not a "janitor"?

I'm honestly just trying to understand the specifics that you're upset about. Was it the perceived long delay in responding to your late night requests, or the fact that when they were addressed they weren't done so by someone who dressed the part?

Not sure if it was your first time in the Haven on NCL, but coming in with expectations of "this is how it's done on MSC" is unfair. That's like me going on a non-Oasis class ship with RCC and expecting the suite experience to be similar to NCL's Haven and writing a grumpy gram because they were different. That's the beauty of these boards, is that folks can dig and poke and get an idea of what should be a 'normal' experience so that when they have something different happen (not receiving coffee pods for 2 days, not getting things you requested multiple times) - folks know the right person to go to for it to be resolved while on board (the concierge) instead of wasting a 21 day trip being grumpy over the janitor delivering coffee pods.

My future expectations are going to be nothing.

I simply am not going to utilize them and at the same time will not tip them either.

I like the concierge, wish someone was there more than 9-9.

On my Spirit sailing on 10/3-10/19 we also had a Butler. He was actually pretty good.  Our requested snacks and such were way overdone and he was honest about after 10pm that anything will be almost non existent. But 2 pitchers of ice every night were there.

Fruit and cookies every day.

Laundry delivered and hung.

Even shined my shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help.  The cruise was a success, but our butler was a disappointment.  We rarely saw him, and even though we left direction for our preferred afternoon snacks and drinks he continually brought things we asked him not to bring, and while a fruit plate was one of the snacks we said was preferred, one day he brought a fruit plate better left for a suite of 12-15, not just the two of us.  All said and done we gained personal experience into what the butler can and cannot do, and how much we need to push for what we'd like to see.  On the other hand, the concierge, Nashira, was AWESOME!